• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Had a buddy tell me that carry of >10 rounds is illegal. Is this true? Assume the mag is legally obtained from out of state. First I heard of this.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    He's wrong. No law against possession and use of a mag with 11 or 45,467,224 rounds, unless you are committing a crime while in possession of said mag.

Carry on.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Had a buddy tell me that carry of >10 rounds is illegal. Is this true? Assume the mag is legally obtained from out of state. First I heard of this.

It is not illegal to possess magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. It is illegal to use one in a crime of violence or while committing a felony, so don’t commit any.

MD Code, Criminal Law, § 4-305

MD Code, Criminal Law, § 4-306

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

In DC he is 100% accurate. No mags > 10 rounds in DC. And no more than 2 mags. And no more than 20 rounds total.

MD: Carry as much as you can possibly stuff into your mags and pockets. No mag or ammo limits.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    He's wrong. No law against possession and use of a mag with 11 or 45,467,224 rounds, unless you are committing a crime while in possession of said mag.

Carry on.
    My prison wallet just isn't big enough for that.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Yeah he is a certified W&C instructor and he was told by another instructor but the caveat was be legal if you have to use it. Thanks for the feedback. (Inserts 15 round mag).

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My prison wallet just isn't big enough for that.
    ****Go to prison and it just might end up that way!! :lol:

I’m one of the QHIC instructors here in Maryland and we don’t care what mags you bring. Two mags of whatever you plan on carrying or using for qualification is fine. A few people we have had come through our classes have had the same question. Other jurisdictions may be different (D.C. etc.. )

Would prefer typical mag carriers versus prison wallet style, at least for the qualification part of the class!...

Hope this helps.

All Good Hits

Jul 24, 2022
    Ellicott City, MD
    In DC he is 100% accurate. No mags > 10 rounds in DC. And no more than 2 mags. And no more than 20 rounds total.

MD: Carry as much as you can possibly stuff into your mags and pockets. No mag or ammo limits.
    Nobody tell the DC magazine fetish folks about the "one in the chamber" loophole which allows citizens to legally carry 11 rounds of ammunition.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    As I understand it one in the chamber with a full 10 rounder isn't an issue in DC. The problem is if you carry a second mag then you need to only load 9 because there is a 20 round total limit.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    As I understand it one in the chamber with a full 10 rounder isn't an issue in DC. The problem is if you carry a second mag then you need to only load 9 because there is a 20 round total limit.
    What if you wear an old cowboy gun belt so you can reload your mags? Will 9mm fit in a cowboy gun belt?

Muff Hucka

Jul 9, 2022
    Under your bed
    Hmmm...I wonder if you had more than 20 "ball bearings" in your pocket if the cops would get on you if you were carrying your trusty flintlock? I mean, ball bearings are multi use.

Attachments

• flintlock.jpg
      flintlock.jpg
      64.9 KB · Views: 37

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

DC is being sued by Dick Heller over this regulation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom