• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike96ZJ

Mar 1, 2009
    California, MD
    I have a 10/22 takedown that I am having issues with. I wasn't happy with the way the one I bought off Amazon was holding the bolt back. It was a very light hold back. The slightest bump and the bolt would release.

I recently picked up a different auto release from Tactical Innovations to give that a try. The cutout pattern was very slightly different. If anything it's worse. Barely holds the bolt back.

If I push the bolt forward fairly hard, I can get the bolt release to engage the bolt well. I'm not sure if this is a spring tension issue or maybe the bolt releases just suck? I put the factory bolt release back in and it works fine but it's a much different function obviously.

Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it's possible that it could be an issue with the pocket the lever engages in the bolt maybe?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I just filed my original bolt hold open down myself. Very easy to do and you can take a bit off at a time to find the "Sweet Spot" for your particular taste.

Here a guy does it to his take down also. Easy peasy.

Mike96ZJ

Mar 1, 2009
    California, MD
    I really like the teeth cut into the aftermarket ones. I guess I could try and cut teeth into my factory piece and try and mod it to auto release from there.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    part of the charm of 10/22s is they are so simple

That equates to simple to fix and work on

Just take her apart, see what is binding or not binding and fix that jones

Mike96ZJ

Mar 1, 2009
    California, MD
    Swapped one of the auto bolt releases into a brand spanking new 10/22 I just pulled out of the box and it holds the bolt just fine. That tells me it's an issue with the bolt on the takedown.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I have a 10/22 takedown that I am having issues with. I wasn't happy with the way the one I bought off Amazon was holding the bolt back. It was a very light hold back. The slightest bump and the bolt would release.

I recently picked up a different auto release from Tactical Innovations to give that a try. The cutout pattern was very slightly different. If anything it's worse. Barely holds the bolt back.

If I push the bolt forward fairly hard, I can get the bolt release to engage the bolt well. I'm not sure if this is a spring tension issue or maybe the bolt releases just suck? I put the factory bolt release back in and it works fine but it's a much different function obviously.

Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it's possible that it could be an issue with the pocket the lever engages in the bolt maybe?

This is why I make my own. Look it up on youtube. It is worth the time and effort.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    I have a Tandemkross release on my 10/22 takedown, no problems so far with it. If I had to do it again, I would probably just modify my stock release now that I know how easy it is to do.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Make sure the spring is in the correct position. You can install this in such a way that the spring sits below the piece and it can cause issues. Look into the trigger assembly. Do you see the spring sitting in the little groove or is it under the little arm.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom