• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I remember someone saying they got 1400 emails against the gun grab in MD and 5 for it. They still voted for gun grabbing. It’s pretty obvious that they don’t care what the practicalities or numbers are in this debate.

Antifeik

May 26, 2013
    This lady is straight up! This career politicians don't care, they have no scrupulous anymore. Just and ego power money driven agenda, it's unfortunate, but if we don't take a stand against this career politicians and their drones our unborn ones will suffer the consequences.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    The other two videos in that article were interesting...i guess not knowing where they were in the 'process', it really did seem like people werent given a chance to speak up. Kinda like MD on Feb 6th...

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    They voted the way they were told to vote. Everything else was just theater.

Not exactly the way a Constitutional Republic form of "government of the people, by the people, and for the people" described so well by President Lincoln at Gettysburg and implied by the Constitution is supposed to work, is it? :mad54:

The back room deals between these so-called "representatives" vote in a way that directly impacts an enumerated right under the Constitution actually circumvents the consent of the governed given to their elected representatives to the General Assembly.

Some may say, "But that's how the political system works." :bs:

Call me naive and I realize I'm likely preaching to the choir here but that is not at all how our state and federal system of government was designed to work and actually corrupts the idea of a representative form of government established under the Constitution of the State Maryland and these United States! Yes, there may be instances where representatives, armed (pardon the pun) with more information available than the people in general, need to consider the big picture on an issue, but this isn't one of them. In this case, the desires of “the people” were articulated loud and clear and they were ignored. In such cases, a representative’s voting instructions must come from their constituents, who in turn have a civic duty to remove their consent and throw out of office any "representative", irrespective of party affiliation, that "the people" determine no longer represents them. I sincerely hope "the people" finally wake up in 2014!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom