Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake46319 View Post
Home is 600+ miles from here. Mom and Dad will be fine as they are well out of MSP's jurisdiction.

DD, Spot - holding until told otherwise. PM me if you need help on anything.
Sorta' like the rest of free America was supposed to be out of Mayor Bloomberg's "jurisdiction?"

Thanks for the offer to help.
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM #72

Something more from the EXAMINER along similar lines;
http://www.examiner.com/a-1530789~Be...d=temp-popular
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM #73

I was thinking, this guy should go back to the shop and give the shop owner shit telling him what happened because of his "reporting". Hopefully it will make him feel guilty or like crap enough to tell the MSP to go take a hike in the future because he does not like seeing his customers get harrassed because of his voluntary compliance.
Maybe if more shop owners make a stink about this to the MDSP they might pass the word on to the AG and if the AG starts to see how this might become a bad image for his next election because of a backlash from all of us gun owners, maybe this practice will stop.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronicEnigma View Post
Stories like this should be blasted loud and often for everyone running for office who supports the protection of law abiding gun owners.

This story should also be called in to local news stations like fox 45. I would have to believe that on top of the Berwyn mayor story, this story would start putting the MSP, O'Malley, and Frosh on the hotseat if it got air time.

If not the local television, hit the airwaves on the talk radio circuit, push this to every pro-gun blog available.

Something has to be done, absolutely.

That reminds me, Frosh is supposedly going to hold hearings in September regarding the MSP spying program. This would probably a good venue to get more of these stories, and those violated to those hearings because to me, their spying has gone beyond what they stated...
Oh that would really piss off Frosh if his hearing was turned into a gun owner rights thing and spying on lawful gun owners.
Really put a thorn in his side.
Old August 11th, 2008, 07:44 PM #75

We should definitely boycott any dealer who does this log book. Can we make a sticky of dealers who do?

Even though we are small in numbers, comparativly speaking, I'm sure we buy a lot more ammunition than our numbers indicate. After all, we are the "nuts".
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:28 PM #76
What fresh hell is this?

What fresh hell is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpickering View Post
Emphasis mine.

Can someone help me out here? How is this legal? Can any unit in the MSP impose such a policy on the sales of ammunition and/or firearms in the absence of legislation permitting them to do so? It sounds like they are making up policy as they see fit and then because they have done so, given it the force of law by their say-so.
Yeah, sort of like them making up their own policy that you have to give them access to your medical records to exercise your rights. Oh wait, they already did that...

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM #77
What fresh hell is this?

What fresh hell is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet08 View Post
If this happens enough and the honorable MSP (yes they are honorable, this is one of those situations where good people are ordered to do dishonorable things)
Great, the Nuremberg defense, how apropos, sort of goes along with dressing up in black and visiting people who have committed no crimes in their homes in the middle of the night.

'General George S. Patton once said; "Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men." '

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer. Which is self evident, because my opinions are so awesome!

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

A new life awaits you on the off-world colonies!
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:42 PM #78
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Send a message via AIM to smores
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Send a message via AIM to smores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benlineberry View Post
Uh oh. Someone's getting a deep cavity search.

On a different note, if the police show up at your door without a warrant, even in full battle regalia, learn the words, "Pound Sand."

If the police have you in their sights, talking to them, on any level, is a bad idea.

This is an excellent video that is required watching for any U.S. citizen.
PLUS M FING ONE

That's all I could think of while reading that letter/e-mail. This is BS.

THE LIBERTY TREE IS PARCHED
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:55 PM #79

If you go to the Hog Mart in Towson to buy ammo they will ask for, and wright down your ID. There is a business card from a Baltimore County Detective stuck in the book. The saving grace is that the employes are so slow that they usually let you fill in the information yourself.
Old August 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM #80
BBQ Czar

BBQ Czar

my father has been in law enforcement his whole life (though not in this state...in the even more oppressive CA)...but even he'd be pissed. he's an outspoken champion of heller and most LEOs aren't this robotic nor believe that the recent issues in MD are correct and just.

We don't need policy dictated without law...we don't need the AG making up his own mind as to what is legal and what isn't...nor the MSP for that matter. Law Enforcement do exactly that, enforce...not create.

I've had the chat with my wife again and we are on the same page...now we'll have to educate the children as to what to do when (since with this administration it seems like only a matter of time) the police come knocking. unfortunately the schools don't bother to teach them to even ask for a badge, let alone get a parent or ask for a warrant (assuming the child is old enough to be on their own in the house).

"You see officer...there was this tragic boating accident..."

"The more artificial taboos and restrictions there are in the world, the more the people are impoverished...The more that laws and regulations are given prominence, the more thieves and robbers there will be." -Lao Tzu
Closed Thread

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues