• ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    According to the FBI Fact sheet, the following people are prohibited:

Federal Categories of Persons Prohibited From Receiving

A delay response from the NICS Section indicates the subject of the background check has been matched with either a state or federal potentially prohibiting record containing a similar name and/or similar descriptive features (name, sex, race, date of birth, state of residence, social security number, height, weight, or place of birth). The federally prohibiting criteria are as follows:

■A person who has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year or any state offense classified by the state as a misdemeanor and is punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than two years.

■Persons who are fugitives of justice—for example, the subject of an active felony or misdemeanor warrant.

An unlawful user and/or an addict of any controlled substance; for example, a person convicted for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past year; or a person with multiple arrests for the use or possession of a controlled substance within the past five years with the most recent arrest occurring within the past year; or a person found through a drug test to use a controlled substance unlawfully, provided the test was administered within the past year.

■A person adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.

■A person who, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States.

■A person who, being an alien except as provided in subsection (y) (2), has been admitted to the United States under a non-immigrant visa.

■A person dishonorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces.

■A person who has renounced his/her United States citizenship.

■The subject of a protective order issued after a hearing in which the respondent had notice that restrains them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such partner. This does not include ex parte orders.

■A person convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime which includes the use or attempted use of physical force or threatened use of a deadly weapon and the defendant was the spouse, former spouse, parent, guardian of the victim, by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common, by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited in the past with the victim as a spouse, parent, guardian or similar situation to a spouse, parent or guardian of the victim.

■A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/general-information/fact-sheet

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What prompted the bolded section? Was there talk about this elsewhere?

We've had talks about a prohibited people for quite a while around here.

I just came across a news article today that linked to the FBI fact sheet, definitively spelling out who is prohibited.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    So failing a drug test prohibits you . If you fail one for a job are they reported to anyone ?

Probably depends on the job. I believe if I fail one on my current job, it is reported to the *ahem* customer. When driving a truck, I think it would go on my DAC (like a combination of MVA record and 'permanent record' that really is).

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Never heard it talked about before , I have worked with a few people that have failed them over the years that said I had no more contact with them after they failed it and lost their jobs . Well 2 to be exact . Im going to ask HR about this tomorrow and see if they are required to report it to any agencies . And no I have no worries about failing one , hell I rarely drink lol.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1st - if it is drug testing conducted is done by requirement of Fed Gov't ( CDLs , Mass Transit , FAA, etc ) they are recorded and reported.

2nd - it is actually a good thing for us in that it sets objective definitions , so that they cn't try to drag in someone having one joint 40 yrs ago as a *drug user* .

Al's Snackbar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    illegalscrossingfence.jpg

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Who is a Prohibited person ? That's easy !!!!!
    Anyone foolish enough to still reside in the states of Maryland , New Jersey , New York City , DC and California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom