• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I saw one of the new AS-007's at the Chantilly show. It seems to let us get around a lot of the Maryland laws while still having a functional rifle. It's definitely not on the banned list, so should be GTG, right? The internal hopper can hold up to 75 rounds, but doesn't technically meet the definition of a magazine and can be blocked/unblocked. I think you need to keep tension on the hopper when reloading, is that a pain? Looks like it can be removed and there is an add-on to make it belt-fed. The stock is neat, but isn't clearly a pistol grip, and it has a muzzle brake, not a flash hider. Might be a great option for us. Seems to be clearly designed to mess with wanna-be tyrants in the MGA.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Oh, Hell Yes, you gotta keep tension on that spring! Ammo's cheap but still a PITA to go chasing down the rounds which will go flying if you don't. It isn't that hard to do, though, especially with the built in stripper clip guide. If you look at the rear of the hopper area, you should see a small slot. Slide your first empty stripper clip in there and it will keep the spring tensioned for you. No need to wear out your thumb!

We don't have those silly magazine limits down here in the Lone Star State but the AS-007 is still a very popular rifle. I'm particularly fond of the quick change barrel system. Being able to go from a long range sniper rifle to a short barrel PDW suitable for home defense while still retaining the massive hopper and Johnson rod actuator makes this rifle a great deal. The longest range I've been able to find locally only goes out to 700 yards but this rifle will repeatedly ring steel that far out... and that's with the short PDW barrel.

I miss my MDS brothers and sisters but certainly don't miss all the silly restrictions y'all are under. The way this rifle steers clear of all that foolishness made me think of how even the worst laws will be circumvented by a fine rifle like the AS-007. It's tailor made for my Maryland buddies and I knew it would be a hit there the minute I saw it.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Are sure you aren't referring to the BAM-2000. You just throw rounds in the Hooper and it feeds similar to a Dillion case hopper. It's pretty awesome and looks like it could be tweaked to fire faster than a full auto M-16. You rotate the feeder using a "Gatling" like function. This avoids the full auto NFA restrictions

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Are sure you aren't referring to the BAM-2000. You just throw rounds in the Hooper and it feeds similar to a Dillion case hopper. It's pretty awesome and looks like it could be tweaked to fire faster than a full auto M-16. You rotate the feeder using a "Gatling" like function. This avoids the full auto NFA restrictions

The AS-007 feed system is much more reliable than the BAM-2000. Yes, you do have to keep it tensioned while loading but that's a small bother once you become familiar with the proper loading procedure.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I noticed that it uses a really odd caliber that is 4.20x69, but it can stretch out to 6000 yards. I heard that it is capable of amazing accuracy, something like a 5 shot rapid fire group that was 1 inch across, at 5500 yards. It also can punch through the armor on most armored vehicles, due to the velocity the bullet travels at. Can you imagine what it would do to a animal if you used it for hunting? Instant vaporization from just the kinetic force alone. I am telling everybody to buy one of these things now, before the MGA gets wind of this thing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I noticed that it uses a really odd caliber that is 4.20x69, but it can stretch out to 6000 yards. I heard that it is callable of amazing accuracy, something like a 5 shot rapid fire group that was 1 inch across. It also can punch through the armor on most armored vehicles, due to the velocity the bullet travels at. Can you imagine what it would do to a animal if you used it for hunting? Instant vaporization from just the kinetic force alone. I am telling everybody to buy one of these things now, before the MGA gets wind of this thing.

I'm going to need one of these. Won't be banned because it lacks evil features. I knew someone would figure a work-around. Does Dillon make dies for the round?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    6000 yards is probably a bit of a stretch, but I like the long range capability.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A friend of mine 3D printed one of those from a file he got off Reddit. He said you need like $60 in misc hardware parts that you can get from Lowe’s or Home Depot to finish it. His was kinda loud though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom