• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Triggerscan

Shooting Ventures, LLC
    Feb 11, 2010
    Monrovia, MD
    The MSP just sent out an Advisory to all dealers that bans out-of-state transfers (not routine sales) of hi-cap mags. In the past, if a firearm arrived at the dealer with hi-cap mags, they could send them to the purchasers friend or relative that lives out of state. The purchaser could then retrieve them at a later date.

Now, if the transfer of the mags, even if done out-of-state, is related to an in-state transfer, then that transfer (mags, not firearm) is deemed in violation of the ban on hi-cap mags.

I find this interesting that the MSP are now saying that their law applies out-of-state. Since private individuals cannot request an official opinion from the MD AG (he only supports MD gov't official business), our only choice is to write the MSP. I don't see the MSP asking the AG for an opinion unless they get a large number of requests from the public.

Attachments

• LD-FRU-17-010 - High Capacity Mags.pdf
      134.2 KB · Views: 343

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    1. Don't ask MSP to ask the AG. We know how it will end.

2. Good for MSP. I'm sure everyone will quickly modify their behavior to reflect this.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Your legislators can request an AG Opinion on your behalf, but there is a danger of asking the wrong question, or the right question the wrong way, and getting a bad or harmful opinion.

Suggest you work through the MD FFL Dealers Association or one of the 4 Major 2A groups.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    This is what happens when someone pokes the sleeping bear. SMH

Who was the idiot that wrote a letter to MSP requesting clarification on this very subject?!!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    United in Rockville used to do these types of transfers in the past, but as of (at least) a year ago, they refused to. I was told (by them) that they were told (and I apologize, don't remember by who) that they cannot send a mag to an out of state friend and that I was out of luck. Maybe it came down from Montgomery County, but I don't remember.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I also thought Maryland couldnt regulate inter-state commerce, but hey its Maryland. They now get to tell residents of 49 other states they cant accept magazines magazines over 10 rds either.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    What's the difference of a MD dealer selling mags to out of state residents? It's still a transfer. Can MD dealers not even handle standard cap mags? That what it seems to me. What dumbass is gonna ask MSPs opinion on that?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    1) how does MSP even know that a magazine was sent out of state? Is it recorded somewhere with the transfer paperwork?

2) Even if there is evidence that the magazine was sent out of state, how can they possibly have evidence of where it goes from there? Surely, troopers aren’t going to be detailed to surveil a location, out of state, and potentially around the clock, for something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I'm guessing they are going to claim a mag orders online and delivered out of state are also "transfured" in MD?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom