batfe.jpg
      108 KB · Views: 745

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Ooooookayyy...

Where the Hearing Protection Act has a chance and Reciprocity may have a chance, this is wishful thinking unlikely to move anywhere.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Downsizing the Government should be a goal at this point. We could trim a lot of fat in the Dept of State.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ooooookayyy...

Where the Hearing Protection Act has a chance and Reciprocity may have a chance, this is wishful thinking unlikely to move anywhere.

Did I miss the legalization of Pot in Maryland? :D

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Downsizing the Government should be a goal at this point. We could trim a lot of fat in the Dept of State.

We could rid the government of half its employees and it would still function. Maybe put the fear of unemployment into them and they might work a little harder. The lady at the Baltimore VA office who told me, " Honey it be gonna take me a year or two to get to your paperwork "needs a wake up call! Pretty bad when I have to drive to another state to get any help. " YOUR FIRED"! What a concept!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    We could rid the government of half its employees and it would still function. Maybe put the fear of unemployment into them and they might work a little harder. The lady at the Baltimore VA office who told me, " Honey it be gonna take me a year or two to get to your paperwork "needs a wake up call! Pretty bad when I have to drive to another state to get any help. " YOUR FIRED"! What a concept!
    still function? Heck it would improve massively.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek

That is my point. The common sense approach to government has been lost.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think many of the problems associated with the BATFE is the way they've been told how to interpret the laws and what opinion are to be published. With the right person in charge, I do believe we can live with the BATFE. Honest, I really do...

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Did I miss the legalization of Pot in Maryland? :D

We have all the downsides of a liberal state with none of the benefits. :innocent0

From Wiki: ATF has 4,770 employees,[2] and an annual budget of $1.15 billion (2012).[3]

Like most other government agencies, there are crazy layers of obfuscation. If you ask for an opinion you'll get one, but I'd wager quite a few of us know way more about firearms and legalities than some of the agents I've talked to. They seem to be a lot like the MSP and their role in MD regulation, just at the Federal level.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Pay them maximum unemployment to sit on their asses at home or pay the larger salaries with benefits to sit on their asses in offices only to stir occasionally to molest your rights.

Punch in the face vs kick in the nads.

Last edited:
    Jul 1, 2012
    If BATFE did get eliminated, where would that functionality/oversight go? (they won't just repeal the 1968 GCA for instance).
    It might be someplace even worse. Like DHS.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    If BATFE did get eliminated, where would that functionality/oversight go? (they won't just repeal the 1968 GCA for instance).

Most of the rumors are that the law enforcement functions would go to FBI, with maybe the policy stuff going up a level to DoJ.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

The problem is, if you get rid of the wrong 1/2, it will not function at all.

Because the problem is top to bottom, so those incompetent at top, protect their buddies, who are also incompetent.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Did you read what was posted above?

The legislation states firearms and explosives to FBI, tobacco and alcohol to DEA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom