• ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    'I hate that place, i wish it never existed"
    -JJ (wtte)

Speaking to me, about Maryland Shooters, 2 years ago.

There are things that ACG's LVP did well, and there are things that over recent years he failed to evolve on. In the 1990's email news letters were ground breaking in terms of outreach, now it's a whole different ballgame. Belittling the largest 2A community in the state isnt a good idea.

From my communications with Gary Woods, things between him and JJ are friendly, and they are working together on several issues while Gary gets up to speed.

Gary has communicated with me in the last week, more than JJ has in the past 10 years, and not because i reached out to him, but because he is reaching out to others.
    Gary has also ended JJ's policy of not allowing msi and agc to recuit each other's members... if you didnt know about that policy, now you do, and maybe you'll understand why that was a problem

Didn't know that, kind of puts JJ's email of 1/10/16 into perspective.

Handgun Permit Review Board

The members of the Handgun Permit Review Board are required by the Maryland Constitution to take the following oath:

CONSTITUTION OF MARYLAND
    ARTICLE I
    ELECTIVE FRANCHISE.

SEC. 9. Every person elected, or appointed, to any office of profit or trust, under this Constitution, or under the Laws, made pursuant thereto, shall, before he enters upon the duties of such office, take and subscribe the following oath, or affirmation: I, _______________, do swear, (or affirm, as the case may be,) that I will support the Constitution of the United States; and that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of Maryland, and support the Constitution and Laws thereof; and that I will, to the best of my skill and judgment, diligently and faithfully, without partiality or prejudice, execute the office of________________, according to the Constitution and Laws of this State, (and, if a Governor, Senator, Member of the House of Delegates, or Judge,) that I will not directly or indirectly, receive the profits or any part of the profits of any other office during the term of my acting as ___________originally Article I, sec. 6, renumbered by Chapter 681, Acts of 1977, ratified Nov. 7, 1978).

http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual...ml/01art1.html

In recent months certain individuals have used an internet forum to openly criticize several of our members who have volunteered to serve without pay on the Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board. (HPRB)

These individuals who feel free to disparage the character of the HPRB members apparently believe that taking an oath means nothing, which calls into question their own personal character and ethics.

Maryland law has not changed and the members of the Handgun Permit Review Board do not have the authority to change or ignore the law, no matter how strong there personal beliefs might be regarding the Second Amendment.

Perhaps, instead of offering criticism, those who are not satisfied might consider submitting an application to serve on the HPRB. We are all in this together and throwing stones at fellow gun owners accomplishes nothing.

If you are a "stone thrower" and you are not willing to offer your services on the HPRB, and truly believe you must continue to throw stones to advance your cause, please have the courage and decency to use your real name and not hide behind an internet forum moniker.

And Gryphon summed up a response quite nicely:

Please someone confirm that no one from AGC sent that ill conceived message. If true, that message is another good reason I haven't become a member of AGC through one of its affiliates. If true, it reflects that AGC leadership drank the MSP SOP koolaid as well. Let all of us minions be happy with crumbs when our leaders see fit!

No, of course I do not endorse or sanction any personal attacks on HGPRB members, but I also do not support misguided, misinformed and biased messages from ORGANIZATIONS blindly trying to protect their members notwithstanding the merits. Yeah that means apply the law irrespective of BGOS, personal business bias, or what the MSP says the law is.

And

There is no way to interpret that publication as anything but an AGC officially sanctioned piece written by Mr. Josselyn. I have seen Mr. Josselyn at legislative events. He use to strike me as a very well informed advocate. Seems odd that he would throw these entire threads under the bus just because a few vented here. MDS is a well moderated, and self-policed group although admittedly passionate. I do admit cringing once or twice because I saw something I wouldn't have posted myself, but the 1st Amendment has a "1" in front of it for a reason. Of course Mr. Josselyn is entitled to his own opinions, but pitting AGC against MDS seems counter-productive. I have heard unsubstantiated rumors about "over the top" harassment, which most everyone here including myself has publicly condemned. I am not aware of any MDS member that might have participated in that alleged conduct, or that has even been accused of doing so.

In any event, how ironic that Mr. Josselyn would post the oath of office. I included it in my appeal documents. I didn't see any reference to the MSP SOPs in there. I did see a reference to the Constitution, and Maryland law being subservient to the Constitution. Moreover, if he truly believes there has been no change in "the law" and how it must be applied to pass 2A muster since Snowden and Scherr, he apparently hasn't been paying attention.

I haven't personally attacked or disparaged any HGPRB member here or elsewhere, nor have most participating in these informative threads. All we expect is that the Board members carry out their duties and not simply maintain the prior status qou which has been exposed as a complete farce. The Board is making many needed improvements and that is very much appreciated. Why Mr. Josselyn would find it necessary at this point to write that piece throwing anyone that participates here under the bus, many of which regularly attend the Board meetings, is beyond me.

Let me add that I was motivated and encouraged by the members here at MDS and MSI, and not by anyone or anything coming out of AGC, to submit my application and appeal. If Mr. Josselyn was attempting to elevate himself and his own organization at the expense of MDS and it's good members he hasn't succeeded with me.

Bolded for emphasis.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    -JJ (wtte)

The bickering, the wild ideas and opinions weren't immediately accepted by John? :lol:

There is so much to like about mdshooters, but I'm not going to surprise anyone that this place can have extremes that would generate his response.

My other opinions are not as important as seeing this small issue already under the bridge and finding a place where John can keep doing what he does best.

Gary has communicated with me in the last week, more than JJ has in the past 10 years, and not because i reached out to him, but because he is reaching out to others.

This is a nice change.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    -JJ (wtte)

Honestly, some members here very often fall into the "We're our own worst enemy" category. I can somewhat understand why someone in a position like that would have issues with it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My impression is also that JJ had serious issues with how AGC was run in general. I tended to agree with him, though.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I dont know the man. I have been told that he didnt like MDS and I read things that seemed to indicate that he supported the actions of "2A Friendly" instructors that sat on the HPRB. If those things are incorrect, I apologize. If they are accurate, then I have nothing to say.

I dont believe for a minute that the FSA2013 protests would have happened if it wasnt for MDS.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I dont know the man. I have been told that he didnt like MDS and I read things that seemed to indicate that he supported the actions of "2A Friendly" instructors that sat on the HPRB. If those things are incorrect, I apologize. If they are accurate, then I have nothing to say.

I dont believe for a minute that the FSA2013 protests would have happened if it wasnt for MDS.

Post 21 paragraph two is his email that went out to all AGC members and others that are subscribed.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I too wish John well in his future endeavors and hope he will in some way help the 2A community as a whole. That being said I found MD Shooters long before I found AGC or joined Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club and AGC.

I also feel that leading up to FSA 2013 the efforts would not have turned out nearly as well as they did had MD Shooters not been around.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    While Mr. Josselyn and I may have differed on the policies of the AGC, he was a dedicated defender of all gun owners in the state of Maryland. He is a past recipient of the MSRPA Defender of Freedom award. In my opinion, Mr. Josselyn will be missed in the upcoming legislative session in both Annapolis and in Washington DC. His legislative e-mail system allowed for many of us to voice our concerns to our elected officials. Mr. Josselyn also worked toward building alliances within the state legislature in order to defeat legislation that would impact the gun owners, hunters, and FFL dealers in the state of Maryland.

I would hope that John does not shy away from his advocacy role.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    My impression is also that JJ had serious issues with how AGC was run in general. I tended to agree with him, though.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I have to agree that there are serious issues with how the organization is run. I should know, I was on the board of trustees for 10 years before I got fed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom