• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blankford

Apr 29, 2015
    Bel Air
    I recently purchased and installed the Dez Tactical A2 Fixed Front Sight Clamp-on (.750") [w/ Bayonet Lug].

First impressions, I am very happy with this product. The sight is secured with 5 set screws, rather than having to drill/tap the barrel as with traditional A2 fixed front sights. I was intitially hesitant about attaching an A2 front sight with set screws but it feels rock solid. When you think about it, most low-pro gas blocks are secured with only 2 set screws and this has 5. The trade-off being that low-pro's are often covered and won't risk being bumped or hit. With an A2 it is sticking out and more prone to taking a beating. So I can understand why some people would be all together opposed to a "clamp-on" A2 sight.

However, for my purposes, I wanted something I could attach myself without having to send to a gunsmith. Also, I may end up installing a free floating barrel next year and I wanted to be able to remove the A2 sight in the future. This product solved both those problems and was perfect for me, YMMV.

I will certainly be putting it through it's paces on the next range trip to see if it holds zero and make sure the sight is going to stay rock solid in place for me.

2016-08-23.jpg

2016-08-23.jpg

2016-08-23.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom