• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    According to police reports, the passenger asked the OCPD detective where the party was and where the women were and the officer told the passenger 65th Street on the bayside, the location of the Public Safety Building and police headquarters.

That is great stuff

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Agree that these guys are idiots, but there are circumstances where ...

The officers recovered the knife near the center console that was found to be easily accessible for the driver. Police also seized the AR-15 rifle from the trunk along with the magazine and the loose ammunition from the glove compartment. Delucia was charged with possession of a concealed dangerous weapon, possession of an assault weapon and possession of a firearm by a minor.

it would be legal for a minor to have an unloaded AR-15 in the trunk in MD. I don't know if Ocean City has additional, more strict firearms ordinances.

Dec 31, 2012
    He is not a minor so I don't know where that charge came from.

One detective walked up to the passenger side and another walked up to the driver’s side and made contact with the driver, identified as Liam Delucia, 18, of Hockessin, Del.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Agree that these guys are idiots, but there are circumstances where ...

it would be legal for a minor to have an unloaded AR-15 in the trunk in MD. I don't know if Ocean City has additional, more strict firearms ordinances.

I am guessing the real charge is possession of an AR15 in MD that doesn't meet the post 2013 restrictions. Don't know how he is a minor.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I am guessing the real charge is possession of an AR15 in MD that doesn't meet the post 2013 restrictions. Don't know how he is a minor.

From what I am understanding they are Delaware resident and they are transporting "thru the state" not taking up residence . And no where does it say Hbar or not so can't jump to that conclusion. So is there more to the story or is it young cop (yes it is the beach season when they pick up a lot of young cops) who may be out of line? Sorry if offended anyone but just another outlook.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    "Delucia was charged with possession of a concealed dangerous weapon, possession of an assault weapon....."

Is this an actual law?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    "Delucia was charged with possession of a concealed dangerous weapon, possession of an assault weapon....."

Is this an actual law?

Yes, in all of MDs legalese including the Freedom Suppression Act of 2013 the term Assault Weapon is used in the laws defining such rifles. So possession of such a rifle as defined by state statute would be possession of an "Assault Weapon".

Personally I think we should lead a legal name change to "Fluffy Teddy Bears" just so we can get a good laugh at Froshs expense when he says kids shouldn't have them.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    From what I am understanding they are Delaware resident and they are transporting "thru the state" not taking up residence .

How do you figure they were just traveling through ? They asked the detective about the location of the party, they were heading for a particular place in MD at the time they were being stopped..

The MD assault weapons laws have no exemption for someone who doesn't intend to take up residence (the only time that is a factor is when it comes to registering non-hbar ARs and pistols after taking up residence). A competitor who comes to the state for a match could end up in violation of the possession laws.

Oh, and we should probably link this thread to the 'is it legal to have a loaded rifle in your trunk' thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Regardless of the legal part of the story. Regardless of the "why bring an AR into the state. I want to know why anyone would start up this kind of conversation with an officer of the law? Was the passenger high or drunk? I just don't understand why anyone would say these things to an officer of the law?????

Stupid is as stupid does.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Regardless of the legal part of the story. Regardless of the "why bring an AR into the state. I want to know why anyone would start up this kind of conversation with an officer of the law? Was the passenger high or drunk? I just don't understand why anyone would say these things to an officer of the law?????

Stupid is as stupid does.

Lets see:
    18, check
    OC, check
    2:30 am, check
    Has weed, check
    Carrying several weapons, check
    Thinks its funny to bait the police, check
    Dumber than a mucking funky, check

Getting a back rub from Maurice, check.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    From what I am understanding they are Delaware resident and they are transporting "thru the state" not taking up residence . And no where does it say Hbar or not so can't jump to that conclusion. So is there more to the story or is it young cop (yes it is the beach season when they pick up a lot of young cops) who may be out of line? Sorry if offended anyone but just another outlook.

They announced to the cops they were heading to a destination in Ocean City so FOPA protections don't apply. My guess is they were charged with bringing in a banned weapon post-FSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom