• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Thought I was going to come out ahead today with some funds in my pocket and make my wife happy as I sold 2 things first thing this AM. Cash in my pocket didn't Last long....

Stumbled across this Colt 1911, (think its a Pre-a1). It appears to be correct matching frame, slide and barrel according to the visible marks. It came with a 2 tone magazine. The bad part it has had a light refinish/reblue. I think I still stole it at 750otd.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 376
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      61.5 KB · Views: 363
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      63.3 KB · Views: 358
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 370
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      39.3 KB · Views: 363
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      28 KB · Views: 362

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Next up is a bringback CZ27 with papers! This one was otd for 300. I KNOW I stole this.... One bad part is it seems the slide is mismatched. I don't think that matters to much as its a documented bringback though.

Attachments

• IMG_3405.JPG
      IMG_3405.JPG
      51.4 KB · Views: 362
    • IMG_3406.JPG
      IMG_3406.JPG
      49.3 KB · Views: 363
    • IMG_3407.JPG
      IMG_3407.JPG
      50.2 KB · Views: 366
    Jul 1, 2012
    Yep, the 1911 is refinished but done well it looks like. What's weird is the lack of the Rampant Colt on the left side of slide (any traces?)
    S/N just misses being one of the desirable USMC contract guns...
    it's not in a S/N range in the Goddard list, several around 2026xx were shipped privately early 1919 (S/N would date it to early 1918) so there was probably a batch that didn't get shipped to the US gov't and were then sold off later.
    Can't beat the price!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Nice! I doubt I'll every have the money and timing to grab a legit GI 1911 but love seeing when others do. Where did you find these?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I got them at the York show.

I brought it to another dealer at the show that had high end colts and he said the markings were correct from what he can tell on frame/slide/barrel. It's Dated 1917, the missing rampant colt were deleted for a while or something like that.

Jul 1, 2012
    I didn't go back far enough in Goddard, there was a shipment to Springfield Armory Dec 15, 1917 that this S/N falls in.
    And then a whole bunch in early 1918 of individual pistols in that range to misc folks.
    The war had ended and Colt was left holding a crap-ton of pistols so not surprising it was chaos (which is reflected in how they are listed in the Goddard appendix, all over the place).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Agree that you're a thief (in a good way!). Both were good finds, which I haven't seen at York for a while. There were a ton of auctions in PA today along with the York show, yet I was out on the bike riding around Gettysburg as I've got to stay out of trouble until the bank account recovers. Just have to enjoy everyone's good fortune!

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I found a High Standard Supermatic Citation Model 102 that came with a 10" barrel and a 4" barrel with rail and red dot sight. The best I've been able to figure out is that it was produced in 1958. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide me with any more info on it.

Attachments

• Model 102 Supermatic Citation w extra Barrel and red dot.jpg
      Model 102 Supermatic Citation w extra Barrel and red dot.jpg
      87.8 KB · Views: 259
    Jul 1, 2012
    I found a High Standard Supermatic Citation Model 102 that came with a 10" barrel and a 4" barrel with rail and red dot sight. The best I've been able to figure out is that it was produced in 1958. I would appreciate it if anyone can provide me with any more info on it.

Probably get better results if you start another thread about it :)

also see this thread (an oldie but a goodie):
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=169566

The OP knows quite a lot about HS pistols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom