• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j2k4r

Apr 11, 2009
    Upper Marlboro
    Probably a dumb question.... but I did a cursory search and didnt see it answered.

Very interested in buying a Mossberg 530 Tactical... but before I pull the trigger, what is involved now. I can't keep track of our dumb gun laws. Is this a unregulated gun, or would I have to to wait for months to get it from my FFL?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Probably a dumb question.... but I did a cursory search and didnt see it answered.

Very interested in buying a Mossberg 530 Tactical... but before I pull the trigger, what is involved now. I can't keep track of our dumb gun laws. Is this a unregulated gun, or would I have to to wait for months to get it from my FFL?

Go to the store fill out the federal 4473, have them do the NICS check on the spot, get a proceed from NICS check, pay the nice man on the other side of the counter and walk out with your new shotgun.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Go to the store fill out the federal 4473, have them do the NICS check on the spot, get a proceed from NICS check, pay the nice man on the other side of the counter and walk out with your new shotgun.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    In some cases, a NICS check can be delayed, may cost you a day or three wait, worst case...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I'm cool with 3 days.. well, versus the 7 days to life wait for a handgun..
    Yea, just a little inconvenient.. My last long gun purchase came back delayed, they said it can take up to three days, but the next day the LGS called me and said all was good, come and get it.. There is sometimes some conflict of info in the NICS search that can result in a little delay. Not really a big deal for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom