Old February 20th, 2016, 08:30 AM #1
In a State of Denial

In a State of Denial

SAF-A grave injustice

FYI-Not my opinion

Quote:

A Grave Injustice

Dear Friend,

I am writing you about a grave injustice. If you are an NRA member you need to know about it.

A group of conspiracy nuts lead by a discredited Frank Gaffney is out to destroy an important leader of the gun rights movement. They have filed a recall against NRA Director Grover Norquist that will appear on the NRA election ballot that is just going in the mail. I have known Grover Norquist for many years and have worked side by side with him to protect our gun rights.

I sit on the American Conservative Union board of directors with Grover and the board investigated these allegations by Frank Gaffney and found them to be totally false. This is pure character assassination.

I urge you to vote NO on this stupid and harmful recall.

Please read the below statement from former NRA president Sandy Froman.

Thank you in voting NO with me on this recall.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
Founder
Second Amendment Foundation
VOTE “NO” ON THE RECALL PETITION ON YOUR NRA BALLOT – KEEP GROVER NORQUIST ON THE NRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS

I am writing to let you -- my friends and fellow NRA members -- know that I OPPOSE the recall petition that will appear in the upcoming March ballot issue of your NRA magazine. This is the first time a recall petition has appeared on the ballot. The petition asks you to vote on whether or not to recall Grover Norquist from the NRA Board of Directors. Please vote “NO” and tell other NRA members to vote no.

I’ve been a member of the NRA Board of Directors for almost 24 years and I served as NRA President from 2005-2007. I have known Grover Norquist for over 15 years -- since he was first elected to the Board in 2000. I consider him a good friend and a fellow warrior in the fight for our Second Amendment rights.

Grover is best known as the Founder and President of Americans for Tax Reform (ATR). Yet he is also an outspoken advocate for gun owner rights and the NRA—whether speaking in public, on television or through his writings, such as his 2009 book entitled Leave Us Alone: Getting the Government’s Hands Off Our Money, Our Guns, Our Lives. Grover is an active, engaged NRA board member. He regularly attends and contributes at board meetings and he participates on NRA committees, lending his valuable intellect and experience to our cause. Grover also hosts weekly meetings at ATR’s office in Washington DC where conservatives meet to discuss issues of mutual concern; I and other NRA board members are always invited to attend to network and brief other conservatives about NRA issues.

Although I live far from Washington, DC, I also have had the opportunity over the past 15 years to get to know Grover outside of NRA board meetings. I have attended political gatherings at Grover’s home, I have met his parents, his wife and his children. Grover has travelled to Southern Arizona to speak to gun owners and NRA members, and I have gone shooting with Grover -- he is an enthusiastic shooter and a good marksman!

Grover and I are both members of a national organization of conservatives, where he has presented talks and moderated panels on a wide variety of conservative policy issues. Over the years, I have talked with Grover for hours and hours about how to make NRA bigger, better and stronger, and about the importance of freedom and less government intrusion in our lives. Never once has Grover said or done anything to suggest that he has anything but the best interests of gun owners, NRA members and the NRA at heart.

Unfortunately, however, for over ten years, Grover has suffered disparaging attacks on his character and patriotism by a man named Frank Gaffney. Various individuals and organizations investigated these allegations many times and found no basis for them. The continuing disparagement, though highly annoying, got little traction until a well-known radio talk show host publicly endorsed Gaffney’s charges after which Gaffney and his associates were able to get a recall petition onto the NRA ballot.

When you consider the people supporting Grover Norquist -- people whose patriotism cannot be questioned, like President Reagan’s former Attorney General Edwin Meese, former NRA President David Keene, the Leadership Institute’s founder Morton Blackwell, Former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff – it will become clear that Mr. Gaffney’s allegations are contemptible and unworthy of credence.

Now it is up to you and me, as NRA members, to vote NO on the recall petition and KEEP GROVER NORQUIST ON THE NRA BOARD OF DIRECTORS. For more information, go to http://www.grumpydoug.com/no_on_grover_recall.htm

Sincerely,

Sandy Froman
Former NRA President and Current NRA Board Member
Tucson, Arizona

< Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family >
Copyright © 2016 Second Amendment Foundation, All Rights Reserved.
Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

Old February 20th, 2016, 09:34 AM #2
The Member

The Member

I have never liked Grover Norquist. I like his stand on taxes, however, I don't like his methods of operation. His motives, in my opinion, are suspect and his marriage to an Islamic woman and support of Islamic activities in the USA is also suspect.
TheBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 09:44 AM #3
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DC-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 12:20 PM #4

Ya I question his conservative values and personally don't support him. He is pro gay marriage, pro amnesty and pro Islam. That is no friend of mine. We need to purge the conservative movement of people like that.

― Plato
wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM #5
Oddball caliber fan

Oddball caliber fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
Ya I question his conservative values and personally don't support him. He is pro gay marriage, pro amnesty and pro Islam. That is no friend of mine. We need to purge the conservative movement of people like that.
The NRA is not a conservative organization. It's strictly a pro-2A organization. Don't dilute its purpose with extraneous agendas. Thanks.

Jim
jimbobborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 01:24 PM #6

got at little harsh edit

― Plato

Last edited by wolfwood; February 23rd, 2016 at 07:01 PM.
wolfwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 01:59 PM #7

Well if someone gets married I better stick my nose in their personal business and make sure the spouse is the correct religion. If not I won't support them. Because religious-based discrimination is important to insure freedom. Yes, that's sarcasm.

I find it unbelievable that alleged conservatives want to grant the government a pass on treating Muslims differently than their other fellow Americans, and think that once that happens it will stop there. But because Norquist recognizes and remembers the whole pesky "freedom of religion" idea as being important to all and not a secret plot, he's now a bad guy.

I can think of no one who has better credentials for supporting the conservative movement in this country than Norquist. Starting in 1968 and continuing through the present day. I might not agree with everything he says but I certainly don't question his motives.
"I have been scientifically studying the traits and dispositions of the 'lower animals' (so-called), and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me." -Mark Twain, 1896.
zoostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 02:30 PM #8
Unejamacated hick

Unejamacated hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
And people like you are exactly the problem. Take your love for leftism someplace else because you are not needed in my NRA.
JBB and I may have our differences. He accused me of stalkin' people once, and that landed him on my ignore list.

But a leftist he is not.
Old February 20th, 2016, 03:04 PM #9
The Member

The Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post

I can think of no one who has better credentials for supporting the conservative movement in this country than Norquist. Starting in 1968 and continuing through the present day. I might not agree with everything he says but I certainly don't question his motives.

What are Grover's credentials for being a conservative?

From my perspective he has been a anti-tax guy and a anti-tax guy only for as long as I can remember, a one issue man. I am unaware of any of he other conservative views or actions. When he married the Islamic woman he turned into a two issue man, still anti-taxes and now pro-Islamic issues.

I don't like Grover, I don't have to like him nor do I have to support him in any way. I will tell you that I believe Attila the Hun was a liberal if that helps you in figuring out where I am on the political spectrum.
TheBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2016, 03:10 PM #10
Unejamacated hick

Unejamacated hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBert View Post
What are Grover's credentials for being a conservative?

From my perspective he has been a anti-tax guy and a anti-tax guy only for as long as I can remember, a one issue man. I am unaware of any of he other conservative views or actions. When he married the Islamic woman he turned into a two issue man, still anti-taxes and now pro-Islamic issues.

I don't like Grover, I don't have to like him nor do I have to support him in any way. I will tell you that I believe Attila the Hun was a liberal if that helps you in figuring out where I am on the political spectrum.
I'll give ya Attila the Hun is kinda befittin' of the modern use of the term "liberal", but bein' married to a Muslim gal don't necessarily make one a terrorist sympathizer. I ain't ready to go believin' that just yet.

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues