• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I almost did business with this guy, glad I didn't now.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This information needs to spread around the gun owner community. To have a shop owner acting like an anti, is just plain bad news.

Jim Smith

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This information needs to spread around the gun owner community. To have a shop owner acting like an anti, is just plain bad news.

Yep. Not a new problem but we need to avoid them like the plague and spread the word when they show their true colors.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Yeah, yeah, it's not because I've got a vested interest in this or demonstrated that I knew the difference between a right and a privilege in almost the same sentence when I compared one to the other..."

This was some Uncommon good thinking.

BurtonRW

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Screw him.

And that is my official position as one who has also from time to time made money as an instructor.

-Rob

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    There ought to be a "Gun-related businesses you should avoid and why" sticky thread.

(But yeah, I understand why the admins probably wouldn't want to go there...)

Feb 28, 2013
    Well, he lives close enough to Cecil county. Maybe he's the same dumbass who owns a shop in Conowingo that only sold AR-10's as regulated.:rolleyes:

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I am not sure how I sit on this..... I agree that the HQL is ********. plain and simple.... I DO however, think that if you are going to CARRY a firearm, you should show ability to use it properly. If you want to own it and have it around the house etc, great. If you were carrying with a PERMIT, then yes, I think a minimum test (that you have the right to take BEFORE needing any classes) should be in place to show you can use it, JUST like a car.

To be clear:
    HQL is crap and the ability to own a firearm should NOT be infringed, period.
    You SHOULD have to show proficiency to CARRY it.
    The new Sheriff is right on the money.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I am not sure how I sit on this..... I agree that the HQL is ********. plain and simple.... I DO however, think that if you are going to CARRY a firearm, you should show ability to use it properly. If you want to own it and have it around the house etc, great. If you were carrying with a PERMIT, then yes, I think a minimum test (that you have the right to take BEFORE needing any classes) should be in place to show you can use it, JUST like a car.

To be clear:

On what rational basis? There's a handful of constitutional carry states and none of them have problems with this.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

To be clear:

It is YOUR responsibility to know how to use a firearm if you choose to own/carry one. It is not the government's responsibility or right to dictate what level of proficiency you should possess.

Using your thread of thinking, you should have to pass an reading and writing test to exercise free speech and should have to pass an IQ or civic test to vote.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    It is YOUR responsibility to know how to use a firearm if you choose to own/carry one. It is not the government's responsibility or right to dictate what level of proficiency you should possess.

Using your thread of thinking, you should have to pass an reading and writing test to exercise free speech and should have to pass an IQ or civic test to vote.
    My Bold Just think how much better our government would be if this was the case. I am not advocating this, but just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom