• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    When I bought my first Interarms Walther, I fell in love. It was my favorite shooter. I lent it to my father long-term and missed it so much I wanted another. Imagine my horror when the newer one (lower serial) had been Dremel-raped by a previous owner.

After some TLC from Numrich and Scott's in Glen Burnie, she was back to good but had a non-matching hammer. I sent her off to Robar for a complete NP3+. It's one of my go-to guns for range or carry.

I got the other one back from dad and after a year or two of frequent range trips, it started going DAO on me. Well, I replaced a few small parts in the action and eventually the hammer on that one as well, another non-matching one. Since I had one PPK/s in satin nickel already, I thought black would be nice. So the second one went off to Robar for a blackened stainless finish with NP3 on the internals. I got it back today and I am completely smitten.

I am hard on customer service but when someone shines, I am not shy about endorsing them. Robar does great work and their finishes are a tremendous value, and although the wait is 2-3 months they are an absolutely fantastic company. I truly appreciate their craftsmanship, service, and the result.

Enjoy the pics. Sorry they are so large but I guess I underestimated my phone....

BGZVZlk.jpg

EGxWQh1.jpg

S9pq3hF.jpg

QT4eYOi.jpg

ZSz7Rh0.jpg

pOpciaY.jpg

sdBuBkq.jpg

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    That's much better. 3 months is a long time.
    What is you assessment of Robar vs Ceracoat regarding the toughness of the finish?

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    That's much better. 3 months is a long time.
    What is you assessment of Robar vs Ceracoat regarding the toughness of the finish?

I just did blackened stainless on the black one and I am already fairly certain that it will not hold up as well on bearing surfaces, but I don't know for sure as I have nothing in ceracoat and I am not sure if it is effective on bearing surfaces. But the NP3 is awesome. It has worn in a little on bearing surfaces but it is super easy to clean. They say it can run dry once it is broken in but I still use ballistol as I would with any other gun.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I had a terrible experience with Robar. But, that was more than several years ago. I liked the NP-3 Coating, dealing with them at the time was a major PITA though.

I may give them another try though if you were happy with their customer service.

sig63

Jun 15, 2009
    FREED AT LAST!!!
    I was...and I am hard on customer service. Just be patient with their lead times and you will probably be happy.

Now...should I pimp out the black one with some scrimshawed Altamont grips? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom