• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rickster

Nov 7, 2014
    Hello again.

Just joined the other day. I posted in the Intoductions forum previously. Thanks for all the good links too.

Question: What's the rules regarding discharge of firearms in Harford? I'm on 4+acres and want to know if I can legally target shoot on my property(obviously with proper safety precautions/measures employed). I'm a relatively new resisent(and gun owner). In my home state, you could only shoot in certain zoning and had to be at least 500ft from any structures.

Thanks again!

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    What part of Harford do you live?

Harford County Code 260-4 Firearms

A. Within this section, a "firearm" shall mean any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun designed to propel any projectile or projectiles by means of explosive energy.

B. It shall be unlawful for any person to fire or discharge any firearm:

(1) On the property of another without written permission of the property owner or tenant and having the written permission in immediate possession.

(2) In the direction of any residential dwelling or building designed and used for human occupancy or school wherein the person firing or discharging the firearm knows or should have known that the projectile or projectiles have a reasonable chance of striking the structure.

(3) On public property without first obtaining written permission from the appropriate agency or a permit from the agency if required and having the written permission or permit in immediate possession.

(4) Wherein the projectile or projectiles traverse the property of another so as to endanger life, limb or property.

(5) Within one hundred fifty (150) yards of any residential dwelling or building designed and used for human occupancy or school, located on adjacent or abutting property, without written permission from the property owner or tenant and having the written permission in immediate possession.

C. Nothing in this section shall be held to apply to or prohibit the firing or discharge of any firearms on a bona fide shooting range or if the same is reasonably necessary for the defense of life or property or to any law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    What part of Harford do you live?

(5) Within one hundred fifty (150) yards of any residential dwelling or building designed and used for human occupancy or school, located on adjacent or abutting property, without written permission from the property owner or tenant and having the written permission in immediate possession.

Welp, there you are........... yet Wicomico (and probably others) have NO limitations other than a backstop.

Rickster

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks to all who replied. You guys rock!

To Fivepointstar: I live in Forest Hill. Neighbors are too close at about 100yards dang it!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    FPS you are killing me with that Katy Perry pic . . . now back to your regularly scheduled programming . . .

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I don't know which is scarier. The fact that I did NOT know who that was, or that you DID.:innocent0

I really don't know anything about her. After few of FPS' more recent posts I had to find out who she is! I don't know anything about her music, but she does have a couple of really nice "attributes" that I get to see every time FPS posts! :innocent0

Feb 28, 2013
    I really don't know anything about her. After few of FPS' more recent posts I had to find out who she is! I don't know anything about her music, but she does have a couple of really nice "attributes" that I get to see every time FPS posts! :innocent0

Riiiiight. I'll bet you and the misses share an ipod.:lol2:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

I don't know which is scarier. The fact that I did NOT know who that was, or that you DID.:innocent0

FPS you are killing me with that Katy Perry pic . . . now back to your regularly scheduled programming . . .

LOL!! maybe we need a Katy Perry Thread :D

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Soooo, in Harford county if my neighbors are more than 150yrds away from me, or less but with written permission, I can set up a target in my back yard and legally shoot it? You sure? I can only imagine the police showing up with guns drawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom