• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edj125

Mar 10, 2009
    I had an argument with my girlfriend las week and she ended up calling the police. She told them that I hit her and I was arrested. The Police seized my .40, a .22 rifle and my AK-47.

I have no criminal record and the guns were not involved at all. All were legally purchased from an FFL dealer in Arkansas- when I was in college.

Does anyone know how I go about getting my guns returned?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    These sorts of things are why we opposed the domestic violence bills. The lack of any sort of burden of proof leaves all of us one phone call away from having our property taken from us.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    :sad20:

In Maryland, especially Baltimore, keep your mouth shut and get the best lawyer you can buy. Don't admit to anything and don't answer any questions to anyone unless your lawyer is there. Everything you say will be taken out of context and used against you by the Balt PD.

Good luck.

edj125

Mar 10, 2009
    These sorts of things are why we opposed the domestic violence bills. The lack of any sort of burden of proof leaves all of us one phone call away from having our property taken from us.

That's exactly what I'm facing! The girl has admitted to me now that she made up the abuse because she thought I was cheating. In MD though, she can't drop the charges, the state will pursue on their own...

I guess in MD your "innocent until accused!"

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    That's exactly what I'm facing! The girl has admitted to me now that she made up the abuse because she thought I was cheating. In MD though, she can't drop the charges, the state will pursue on their own...

I guess in MD your "innocent until accused!"

Welcome to Soviet-Occupied Maryland.

If you can, hire a P.I. to get her to admit the lie, or talk to your lawyer about the legality of recording her admitting the lie.

Either way, you need a lawyer will BALLS. A shark. If your attorney behaves even the least bit reticent about you getting your guns back, just keep on walking and find one with a pair.

And then, move the hell out of there and at least get yourself into a red county.

Oh, and ditch this lying bitch or she will only make your life a living hell down the road.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Its scary to think that you were even with a woman that would have you arrested, tarnish your record/name, and have your property taken over a text msg.:sad20:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Its scary to think that you were even with a woman that would have you arrested, tarnish your record/name, and have your property taken over a text msg.:sad20:

+1

Hate to say it, but this may fall under the category of "Live and Learn."

There are a LOT of crazy women out there. It takes a while (if ever) for guys to get good at ID'ing them.

That being said, good luck. Get a lawyer, and stop in occasionally and let us know how it's going.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    There ia a lawyer near the courthouse in Towson is very good he is less than a block away forget his name and will get it if you pm me. Saw him work ,has big mean teeth. She will not like you after he is done.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    1. Dump her. Don't stay with her because she'll get a protective order.
    2. Get a good attorney or perhaps she won't testify if she has to lie on the stand. If that's the case you're GTG
    3. Have your attorney to work to get the charges dropped, put her on the stand, or if found guilty ask for "probation before judgement" this way there is no guilty finding.
    4. Once the court case is over, have your attorney work out getting your guns from BPD.

BlueEyedHuntress

Bitter Clinger
    Feb 11, 2009
    In your neighborhood
    +1

Hate to say it, but this may fall under the category of "Live and Learn."

There are a LOT of crazy women out there. It takes a while (if ever) for guys to get good at ID'ing them.

That being said, good luck. Get a lawyer, and stop in occasionally and let us know how it's going.

It sucks that his girlfriend would do this, but lets remember that this is not a male/female issue. There are a lot of "crazy men" out there too.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    this is some bullshyt...

reminds me of (no offense to the ladies of this forum) all the dumb teenage girls who just get in the military... and get outta basic.. all horny... get drunk... have sex with whoever.. and next day claim he raped her... *sigh*...... happens WAY to often....

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It sucks that his girlfriend would do this, but lets remember that this is not a male/female issue. There are a lot of "crazy men" out there too.

Ditto - and I would give the exact same advice to any woman who had been shafted this way by a guy, and use similar dispagaring terms to describe him. I hope my post above didn't appear sexist; it was only meant to be anti-lying-"a"-hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom