• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    So I saw this bread on MSP HBAR guidance in the IP section, here is a quote from the first post

"As of today, we were told that to qualify as an HBAR, a rifle must be stamped HBAR, advertised specifically as a heavy barrel, or have written on its specifications or packaging that it is a heavy barrel.

This is a substantial change from previous guidance.

From today forward it is the standard we will use when determining if a rifle is C&C or banned."

This is from A1. Thanks to them for sharing.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149745

Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Funny how they can just change the way they enforce the laws depending on the day. What happens if they once again redefine what an H-BAR is?

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    So would this not mean that shops could again start selling stripped lowers and on the transfer paperwork for them(or 80%) make sure it states for building an HBAR? That should meet the MSP standard....then just have the Lower stamped HBAR Reciever.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Until we see the actual directive, there are still too many questions.

Stamped? Where? Barrel or receiver?

Advertised? By whom? Manufacturer, wholesaler, FFL?

"Written"? I would assume they mean printed by the mfgr on the specs/packaging.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    This needs to be codified in COMAR.. Anything less is not enforceable.

Setting arbitrary policy without redress is tyranny.

This advisory approach is bs for interpreting the statute and needs to stop. There is a process defined for adopting regulations, they need to follow it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Until we see the actual directive, there are still too many questions.

Stamped? Where? Barrel or receiver?

Advertised? By whom? Manufacturer, wholesaler, reseller?

"Written"? I would assume they mean printed by the mfgr on the specs/packaging.

See the OP. That is what was sent to gun shops.

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    So if the gun shops have that and then had each stripped lower they sell stamped HBAR Assembly/HBAR Reciever/Etc would that then mean they could start selling lowers again? Couldn't they also then stamp the lowers Assault Pistol Receiver?

Would that not then appease the gods of MSP while allowing us that do builds instead of buying pre-manufactured a way to begin again?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Nothing was sent, it was verbal

Right. A conversation between two people does not regulation make.

This is atrocious. Adding a regulation by arbitrary fiat is not acceptable. We need to make them run this through COMAR.

1 year after a law is passed and 6+ months after it goes into effect, and they start making decisions. Complete and utter bs.

NavyATFP

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 3, 2013
    Hyattsville
    Any shops have any lower reciever's still in stock that want to test the theory or contact MSP with those questions? I'd love to get another lower to build a .458(heavy barrel).

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I agree whole-hearted however I get the impression "they" don't car....

I don't care if they don't care. I care that the executive branch does not follow established process to instantiate regulation. Have no doubt, they are doing just that.

COMAR is used to add firearms to the roster, it needs to be used to eliminate them also.

Darn it, now I gotta go find the statute. This is such bs.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'd suspect the more they try to clamp down the better it will be for Kolbe. ESPECIALLY a unilateral move like this.

IMO, it's no different than MSP coming out tomorrow and saying that the new rule is you can have 10 round mags, but nothing .40cal or larger.

It just can't be done like that.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Right. A conversation between two people does not regulation make.

This is atrocious. Adding a regulation by arbitrary fiat is not acceptable. We need to make them run this through COMAR.

1 year after a law is passed and 6+ months after it goes into effect, and they start making decisions. Complete and utter bs.

However,

It is the IP right, to conduct business however he/she sees fit.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    However,

It is the IP right, to conduct business however he/she sees fit.

This is true. Heck, a gun shop could decided of THEIR OWN VOLITION to only sell .22 long rifles. Having the MSP tell them what they can or can't sell is another story. There is no regulation in place that instantiates this interpretation.

But making arbitrary interpretation of the law is not acceptable. We need to make them follow process.

Using advisories is a way of preventing redress. If they run it through COMAR, we can redress grievances it in several ways. This is a dictatorial way of doing business and needs to stop.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yep. But somehow I suspect it's not really MSP behind these arbitrary dictatorial edicts...

It's the Democratic Party, duh

Chairman Maio-OweMalley is trying to look attactive for a follow on job, after the next election cycle.

Thankfully, the Democratic anti-2a contagion has been quarrantined in the Northeast US. If we can only get the SCOTUS to rule on outside the home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom