• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I never write reviews or give positive feedback on things unless it is rightfully due and this time the Tikka earns it. I've seen the question of what rifle to buy, axis, remington 700 etc....please don't overlook the Tikka.

I bought this gun maybe 4 years ago for my stepson to learn to shoot he was 11 at the time. The only thing I added was a limb saver recoil pad to help him with recoil. Long story short he is very apprehensive about shooting anything that kicks more than a 22 still, so he never really shot it.

The gun is a perfect hunting rifle, super light, well built, butter action and a trigger that is a little heavy but breaks clean. Even comes with a nice detachable mag. I mounted a nikon buckmaster 3-9x40 scope, nothing great and used the supplied rings.

I was shot remington core lockts 100gr and managed to squeeze MOA or a touch better on average, certainly good enough for deer.

I ended up buying some dies and put together a load. 38.2gr of H4350, 100gr Sierra game kings using Winchester and lapua brass. Group size shrunk a good bit, this thing is a shooter for sure. I thought when load testing I got lucky with a 3 shot group about .4 MOA. Well I only fired one 5 shot group today to zero at 100 yards and again around .4 MOA, see pics below.

For anyone looking for a great hunting rifle please give Tikka a look, for under $600 I'm not sure there is a better value out there!

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I had a T3 Lite in .270. Absolutely a wonderful firearm. Ended up trading it for an AR last year when there were talks of the ban. I will get another one. I think it may be in 300 Win Mag.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I've been offered some insane trades for my 22-250 Master Sporter, but it's the one gun I will never part with. Glad to hear you got a good one also.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've been offered some insane trades for my 22-250 Master Sporter, but it's the one gun I will never part with. Glad to hear you got a good one also.

I LOVE your master sporter!!!!! Beautiful stock!

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have the T3 Lite in .25-06. It is the one bolt action I will never part with. Every year before deer season, I take it to the range, shoot three rounds that can be covered by a quarter @ 100 yds and put it away.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I love my Tikka T3 lite in 30-06. You have GOT to get a limb saver though. That factory butt pad is brutal.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i had one in .300 winmag, holy crap that kicked like a mule, definitely more than my .340 wby.

very nice gun though, especially for the money. i like that they make a lot of lefty guns.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    i had one in .300 winmag, holy crap that kicked like a mule, definitely more than my .340 wby.

very nice gun though, especially for the money. i like that they make a lot of lefty guns.

I had one myself. Loved the action. Loved the trigger. Loved the weight. My shoulder on the other hand HATED that thing. My buddy bought the same rifle in 338wm and it is a dream to shoot. I have been on the look out for 338wm stainless laminate but it looks like they no longer make that rilfe anymore.

If you want a straight up performer out of the box with a glass like action without the price this is the rifle to have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom