• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slurms

Jun 8, 2016
    Charles County
    msp still running the full 30 days?

I finally got the misses out to get printed for her serf card to purchase her rights back.

I submitted my application on 6/13, been checking back every so often and not seeing anything happening (other than the DHMH check which happened right away) and today I got on and my HQL status was showing active!

Submitted 6/13, active on 6/30, should get my card in the mail in a few days :D

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    So, IIRC, I read somewhere in this thread that something like 46,000 people have received an HQL. Considering that MD has about 5.77 million people (includes youth, elderly, felons, mentally incapacitate, etc.), that means that about one out of every 125 people in the state has bought a handgun since that law went into effect, and the rate of HQLs being issued has been steadily increasing. Given that this is Maryland, I find that a pretty impressive number for this short a period of time.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Has any here checked there HQL checklist and noticed things completed or been approved on a Saturday or Sunday. I know there hours are M-F 8-4:30. But was wondering if they did work weekends "undisturbed" yes I know they are state works but thought to ask if anyone picked up on a miracle in 410 area code.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I submitted my application on 6/13, been checking back every so often and not seeing anything happening (other than the DHMH check which happened right away) and today I got on and my HQL status was showing active!

Submitted 6/13, active on 6/30, should get my card in the mail in a few days :D

They have up to 30 days to make their decision and then I think it's another 5-7 days for the mail to deliver your license. Sit back and stop thinking about it. You guys would be terrible if you ever submitted for a NFA transfer or build.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Slurms I am blame for my impatience at this point he applied two days before me and was approved come Monday 11 days later I "maybe" approved 75% of checklist is done sorry to anyone reading my rant but antsy as I am sure many others have been.
    Wish I had time check it every 30 minutes lol

Last edited:

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Santa is a given Dec. 25th. Lol Waiting for the state is like waiting for a toothache to go away. But I guess if they stick to the 30 days I will be approved by Friday. Then the wait for the card to come in the mail. But nothing I can do just had my expectations a little high see other people's coming in under the 30 day mark.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I finally broke down and applied for my HQL.

Kinda silly, considering I already own a few handguns / "regulated firearms" from the pre-281 days, but I recently got my NRA Instructor - Pistol cert and am looking to buy a few handguns to use for training purposes.

Anyway... got fingerprinted on 1/8/17 and submitted application on 1/10/17. No movement on the checklist as of today, 1/16/17, other that MSP acknowledging the application and payment were received.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I finally broke down and applied for my HQL.

Kinda silly, considering I already own a few handguns / "regulated firearms" from the pre-281 days, but I recently got my NRA Instructor - Pistol cert and am looking to buy a few handguns to use for training purposes.

Anyway... got fingerprinted on 1/8/17 and submitted application on 1/10/17. No movement on the checklist as of today, 1/16/17, other that MSP acknowledging the application and payment were received.

They shut that program down after January 1. If you didn't get your HQL by then, you're too late. They will open up the enrollment period again in October. You will have until Jan1 to apply for 2017. They are treating this like health insurance enrollment. After all, having an HQL is not a right, it's a privilege. ;)

j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom