WARNING! Duffy's Gun Room can be hazarous!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mainly to your bank account.

What is it about that Vince guy?

I'm driving around one day and I get lost. I stop by this Duffy's Gun Room place to ask for directions. This very friendly guy introduces himself as Vince and asks how he can help me. I tell him I need to get back to Carroll county. He said "Sure, I'll draw you a map, here, hold this." He hands me a M1A. I've always wanted one. He tells he has more coming and the next thing I know, I'm writing out a check.

I go home and tell my wife about the new M1a that's coming. She goes nuts! "I'm going to give this Vince guy a piece of my mind!" she yells. And makes me drive her over to Duffy's.

We get there, she storms in and demands to talk to Vince. He looks up from what he's working on and with that friendly smile states "that would be me, how can I help you?" She asks, "Are you that one that sold my husband a rifle?":mad54: He said, "Well, let me check the file. Would you mind holding this for me while I check?" He hands her a Colt 1911. She takes it and the next thing I know, she's writing a check and doing paper work! I guess she told him!

So I go to pick up the M1A. I'm greeted in the usual friendly manor, and tell Vince I'm here for the M1A. He said, "Let me go get it for you, here, would you hold this for me?" He hands me a PTR. Nice! I never realized how nice.

Next thing I know, I'm doing paperwork. :shocking:

Today, I get a call that I can come by and pick up the PTR.

I wonder what Vince is going to hand me this time? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Duffy's is a master at the serial purchase. You go in, see things, and you do paperwork. You come back to pick up, you see more more things, you do more paperwork. You come back to pick up more, you see even more things, you do even more paperwork. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

FWIW, I presently have items to pick up at Duffy's. I'll leave the rest as an exercise for the reader. :D

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    This made me laugh as Vince got me for 2 in one day and then another when I went to pick up. Must be something in the air.....

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Mainly to your bank account.

What is it about that Vince guy?

I'm driving around on day and I get lost. I stop by this Duffy's Gun Room place to ask for directions. This very friendly guy introduces himself as Vince and asks how he can help me. I tell him I need to get back to Carroll county. He said "Sure, I'll draw you a map, here, hold this." He hands me a M1A. I've always wanted one. He tells he has more coming and the next thing I know, I'm writing out a check.

I go home and tell my wife about the new M1a that's coming. She goes nuts! "I'm going to give this Vince guy a piece of my mind!" she yells. And makes me drive her over to Duffy's.

We get there, she storms in and demands to talk to Vince. He looks up from what he's working on and with that friendly smile states "that would be me, how can I help you?" She asks, "Are you that one that sold my husband a rifle?":mad54: He said, "Well, let me check the file. Would you mind holding this for me while I check?" He hands her a Colt 1911. She takes it and the next thing I know, she's writing a check and doing paper work! I guess she told him!

So I go to pick up the M1A. I'm greeted in the usual friendly manor, and tell Vince I'm here for the M1A. He said, "Let me go get it for you, here, would you hold this for me?" He hands me a PTR. Nice! I never realized how nice.

Next thing I know, I'm doing paperwork. :shocking:

Today, I get a call that I can come by and pick up the PTR.

I wonder what Vince is going to hand me this time? :rolleyes:

Okay thats about the funniest thing I've read all day! Sorta had a similar experience today with Nick at Molly's though I wasn't picking up or asking for directions.

I have my heart set on a new Benelli Montefeltro Silver and it's all Nick's fault. At least thats the story I'm telling my husband :innocent0:innocent0:innocent0

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hey, at least you can honestly say the devil made ya do it....

Just sayin....:)

What IS that magnetic field around that dude?

Attachments

• image-601956050.jpg
      image-601956050.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 610

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Had a similar experience with an M1A. Really pleased with the gun and the service. As I was leaving yesterday with my M1A, Vince put a suppressor in my hands. He said it would work great on my M1A. I agree. Looks like I'll be going back when the gun fund recovers from SB281.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Had a similar experience with an M1A. Really pleased with the gun and the service. As I was leaving yesterday with my M1A, Vince put a suppressor in my hands. He said it would work great on my M1A. I agree. Looks like I'll be going back when the gun fund recovers from SB281.

Wow, I might need to talk with him about that.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Anyone happen to see a PSL there for sale?

I didn't ask about it, but I didn't see any there either. They did have a handful of AK receivers. I think I remember you saying something about those also? If you buy your PSL from Gun Broker's and ship it to an FFL, will that count towards your purchase order requirement?

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I didn't ask about it, but I didn't see any there either. They did have a handful of AK receivers. I think I remember you saying something about those also? If you buy your PSL from Gun Broker's and ship it to an FFL, will that count towards your purchase order requirement?

I have explored that option. No one is willing to accept the transfer.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    Vince is the man, he got me 2 sick handguns that were not at all easy to find, hooked up my friend also, always goes the extra mile. I may be heading out after work tomorrow to see what's left!!!

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    This is actually more true than funny! The guys at Duffy's (and MOM) turned me and my wife into a serial purchasers as well. BTW, nice to meet you today, Woodstock, and I hope you got many new MSI recruits (besides me) at Duffy's. It was certainly the best place to recruit this weekend!
    -S&W19

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom