• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Are these kits the stealth arms kits? Ares armor is selling them for 200 bucks. Ill take this deal.

I am not 100% sure I will ask tonight wether they are like stealth arms, psa, or unique. To a degree an 80% can't be that much different but it all depends on the quality which they seem to be producing quality stuff.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I asked about the differences between their kit stealth arms and they said that they are the same. I dunno if he means the exact same or they are the same design.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I am trying to get some money together to order a couple blemished. Please let us know what you think when you get them and how long it takes!

Lordkintner

Jan 20, 2013
    Can anyone explain the legality of these 80% lowers and do I have to register it with MSP before 10/01/13, or are these paperwork free?

Jun 26, 2013
    ES,MD
    Can anyone explain the legality of these 80% lowers and do I have to register it with MSP before 10/01/13, or are these paperwork free?

Paperwork free :) You're buying a paperweight and then turning into a firearm. As long as you keep (i.e., don't sell) your finished receiver/rifle/SBR/whatever you don't have to put a serial on it, file paperwork, etc. Here's an FAQ:

http://www.80percentarms.com/pages/faq

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    With the way things are going in MD I personally am building myself as much 80% stuff as possible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Paperwork free :) You're buying a paperweight and then turning into a firearm. As long as you keep (i.e., don't sell) your finished receiver/rifle/SBR/whatever you don't have to put a serial on it, file paperwork, etc. Here's an FAQ:

http://www.80percentarms.com/pages/faq

Im pretty sure even if you build it yourself it cant be an SBR/NFA item. Would someone explain this please? I read the info in that link and it didnt explain.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    hey I just talked to the guy again because I will be ordering my lower probably friday when I get some extra $$$...... hopefully the 4th won't cost to much :)

I asked him how long the promo code is good for and he said

Promo ending on July 15th​

So for those who are contemplating grabbing one do it before July 15th to get the discount!!!!

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Hey guys,
    This isn't a troll post at all just looking out for fellow MDS members. My buddy bought a kit from the link in the OP and placed the order. He had emailed FPS asking about the blemish and where it was, and they were fast to reply multiple times. So then my buddy called on Tuesday early around 0930 and when the company answered they said hello?... haha NO Thanks for calling FPS etc etc, it was just a casual hello. So he was like maybe wrong number, he then verified it was FPS and he was like yes this is FPS... He wanted to ask about qty in stock.

Then he called on Wednesday and talked to the guy Matt and asked when he was going to ship the kit. So, Matt said that they had PCs crash lol and they should be going out Friday at the latest. Well nothing today...

So I would hold fast here guys, I cant find anything other then the one guy on here that supposedly received his. Not saying he didnt, I just dont want anyone else get hit or whatever is going on... I will keep you guys updated.

CroftonBilly

Huge Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    They're legit. My buddy and I got ours really fast after ordering. Thanks OP for the info and discount. The blemish on the one I got is very minor and won't be noticeable after anodizing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom