• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    The hap baker is alright and all and I live in Cockeysville. I've been to PA and they only have a 50yrd range. Any suggestions may help.
    Thanks
    Tommy

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The hap baker is alright and all and I live in Cockeysville. I've been to PA and they only have a 50yrd range. Any suggestions may help.
    Thanks
    Tommy

Check the competitive shooting thread, they shoot a modified "F" class match at quantico once a month. There is also a place way up in PA that has a 1K range open to the public.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    there are several clubs in the shrewsbury/stewartstown are that have 200 + yrd ranges. check in at freedom armory they may have contact points for those clubs. here are some :Glen Rock Shooting Club, Hopewell Fish & Game, Inc., Mount Joy Sportsmen

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I believe there is a sportsman club in Thurmont that has a 200 yrd line. May want to Google to confirm.

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    The Izaak Walton league in Clear Spring Md has 200 yd as well. Any info on the 1k place in Pa would definitely be apreciated!!:thumbsup:

Brad

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Hi B1Web,

The 1000 yard range is located here:

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/default.htm

I plan to join and go up there soon to shoot my .50 Barrett rifle. Right now, I shoot at the AGC (on the two hundred yard range) but sometimes folks get mad. They say it's "too loud"...

Lol! :lol:

WTF? It's a rifle range.... :)

Kindest regards,

-Will

ghost

Jan 20, 2008
    I have never had anyone at AGC say a 50 BMG was too loud (the 223 ARs are actually louder and more ear piercing). If you bring a 50 to the 200 yds line, you might get asked to allow someone to shoot it, just to see what it's like, but I've never seen that either. Have had guys with 50s want others to shoot it to see what it's like.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have never had anyone at AGC say a 50 BMG was too loud (the 223 ARs are actually louder and more ear piercing). If you bring a 50 to the 200 yds line, you might get asked to allow someone to shoot it, just to see what it's like, but I've never seen that either. Have had guys with 50s want others to shoot it to see what it's like.

I can remember one particular senior gentleman at the range whom became very upset when he saw me preparing my Barrett. He actually went and talked to a RSO, whom told him I was there first so I could shoot as long as I wanted to. :sad20:

I normally now take it on a weekday if I'm off from work, less people there. And I always let others shoot it; I get more of a kick watching the reactions of those whom squeeze a round off, as well as watching the bystanders cringe, and then break out in smiles. :D

I load my own shells, I can load a shell for a little over a dollar apiece. I load mild loads (to keep it fun) but I also have 1000+ in commercially reloaded ammunition (mostly Talon, before they lost their government contract). So If you see me out there at the AGC, please don't hesitate to walk up, introduce yourself and ask to squeeze off a round or two.... :)

Kindest regards,

-Will

Although not a public range, Mayberry Game Protective Assn. (located about 6 miles North of Westminster off Rt. 140) has monthly “Ground Hog” shoots at 100-300-500 yards. The matches are April through October of each year. The rifle range also has a 600 yard target berm.

Also, we have begin offering “Tactical Rifle” matches and hope to have several more next year.

I’ll post more info in the Spring.

Mayberry Game Protective Association
    http://mayberrygpa.com/

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    I recommend Quantico for serious long distance work. If you're retired or active duty military/LEO, you can join the club there anytime. If not, you need to get on the wait list. I am fortunate enough to be a member and if you ever want to shoot down there when the long distance ranges are open on the weekends, please let me know. I am permitted to bring guests.

Matt

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    2nd the Quantico suggestion, and you can get to 1k (1,030 if you put targets on the back berm).

Being in Cockeysville makes it a very long run, and you're outside the 60 mile radius they limit membership to, but our options here in MD are limited and you can almost always get in as a guest.

I too am a QSC member and spent the day there yesterday shooting a very interesting match (under the VA1000BR MOA). We have a modified F-class match this Sunday, Dec 7th, if you want to come shoot or just check it out.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    there are several clubs in the shrewsbury/stewartstown are that have 200 + yrd ranges. check in at freedom armory they may have contact points for those clubs. here are some :Glen Rock Shooting Club, Hopewell Fish & Game, Inc., Mount Joy Sportsmen

I believe its Conewago, Rod & Gun Club (AKA: Mount Joy)
    1471 Turnpike Rd,
    Elizabethtown, PA 17022-8500
    Contact Phone (717) 367-9930
    that has a 600yd Range.

Last edited:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    2nd the Quantico suggestion, and you can get to 1k (1,030 if you put targets on the back berm).

Being in Cockeysville makes it a very long run, and you're outside the 60 mile radius they limit membership to, but our options here in MD are limited and you can almost always get in as a guest.

I too am a QSC member and spent the day there yesterday shooting a very interesting match (under the VA1000BR MOA). We have a modified F-class match this Sunday, Dec 7th, if you want to come shoot or just check it out.

That is interesting. I am retired military but am still outside of the 60 mile radius. Can I still join as a member?

I sent them an email a long time ago about that, but never received a reply. I would really like to be able to shoot my Barrett on their ranges. Let me know if it is so.

Kindest Regards,

-Will

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    wiltill,

90 miles is kind of pushing it but if you're in the regular member classification, send in the application. Can't hurt to try. I think they're pretty lenient on that provided you're in the area but don't hold me to that.

Matt

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I can remember one particular senior gentleman at the range whom became very upset when he saw me preparing my Barrett. He actually went and talked to a RSO, whom told him I was there first so I could shoot as long as I wanted to. :sad20:

I normally now take it on a weekday if I'm off from work, less people there. And I always let others shoot it; I get more of a kick watching the reactions of those whom squeeze a round off, as well as watching the bystanders cringe, and then break out in smiles. :D

I load my own shells, I can load a shell for a little over a dollar apiece. I load mild loads (to keep it fun) but I also have 1000+ in commercially reloaded ammunition (mostly Talon, before they lost their government contract). So If you see me out there at the AGC, please don't hesitate to walk up, introduce yourself and ask to squeeze off a round or two.... :)

Kindest regards,

-Will
    Don't tempt me! That would be bad arse! I wish I could afford a barret, I just can't though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom