• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I know I'm fairly new on this forum, but I'd like to extend an invite to this community to one of my biggest passions. I've been into pyrotechnics as long as I can remember, since I was a little kid. Back in 2008, a few people got together on a friend's farm and fired off a few small, 5-minute, mostly consumer-level fireworks displays. We've grown since then into what is now a bi-annual event, and one of the top five largest fireworks events in the country.

The displays now span hundreds of feet wide, are computer-fired, choreographed to music, and include shells up to 12" in diameter (larger than what is fired on the mall in DC on the 4th of July).

This spring's MAFF will include eight displays, each roughly 10 minutes in length. There is also an "open shooting" section before the displays where the pyrotechnicians who aren't doing a display have a chance to scratch the itch.

This event is open to the public for spectating. If you're a long-time pryotechnician or just a newbie, and would like the opportunity to be in the field and help to set up a display, or you just want to see what it's all about, please drop me a PM.

Here's the link: www.maff.ws

We also do some stuff just for fun. For example, a 1,10,100,1000 salute salvo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPpp8JwmyU

Check out youtube for a ton more videos (search "maff fireworks")

IMG_4728.jpg

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Thanks for posting! I must go! Wish I could bring a cannon or two and fire some salutes.
    Also wish this wasn't in the crappy state of Maryland so I could buy some of the salutes to use on the 4th.:sad20:

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Are you guys associated with Crackerjacks or MAPAG?

This event is sponsored by the Northern Lights Pyrotechnics Club. Though not affiliated with either the CJ's or MAPAG club, the NLPC shares the common goal of advancing the pyrotechnic arts in a safe, legal, and fun way. The NLPC also shares many members with both CJ's and MAPAG, as well as other clubs like the Pennsylvania Pyrotechnic Artists (PAPyros).
    MAFF is a unique event in that pyrotechnicians from as far away as Maine, Wisconsin, Florida (and all the states in between) come to put on these displays just for the sake of fun - the costs for all of the displays comes out of the pyrotechnician's pockets.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    LOL, I seem to recall there was a fireworks storage barn go up in a lightning strike not too terribly far from there a few years back.

I'm close, so will swing by with wife and kids, work permitting.

We all meeting up under the MD SHooters flag???

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    LOL, I seem to recall there was a fireworks storage barn go up in a lightning strike not too terribly far from there a few years back.

I'm close, so will swing by with wife and kids, work permitting.

We all meeting up under the MD SHooters flag???

It was a storage barn that went up in Hughesville from a lightening strike, but there were no fireworks in it. Rather, there was appx. $40k worth of the "guns" - wooden racks of fiberglass or HDPE tubes - that are used for launching the fireworks into the air. They were all owned by people in the club, including me, with the majority being the land owner's. Unfortunately, it was a total loss, and we're still working to replace them.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Anyone got the address to the actual place it's Being held? Trying to figure what time I need to leave by

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Awesome show aside from the abrupt end due to huge fires :)

My 3 year old loved it, as did my girlfriends 13 year old.

Well worth the 10$

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom