• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • It's going to be pistol configuration. The price that bcm wants for just a barreled upper (that doesn't even come with handguards) is a little on the ridiculous side. If I can save a little by buying a blemished receiver, criterion barrel, and attaching another gas block I have laying around to be able to attach mid length handguards, I will definitely have achieved that.

I may have missed something big, but barrel profile only matters in 556 rifles. Unless the OP is pinning it with a massive flash hider...

Negative. Pistol configuration.

is this a heavy barrel? seems like not.

It's a hybrid profile that I'm probably going to have to shim to achieve that of the bcm kino setup.

https://criterionbarrels.com/products/ar-15/sbr-hybrid-contour-ar-15-barrels/

Pretty sure you'll find it here. Might have to scroll down a bit.

Doesn't address the part of the barrel where I would need to install a gas block for mid length handguards.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Unless you are boring out a .625 FSB to fit that journal, it's not going to be right.

CMMG makes a 12.5 but unless you want popped primers with 5.56, I would t suggest it.

Unless you are boring out a .625 FSB to fit that journal, it's not going to be right.

CMMG makes a 12.5 but unless you want popped primers with 5.56, I would t suggest it.

I've been looking for a 2 piece clamp style gas block that has holes tapped for set screws to do just that. I'm also considering contacting a machine shop that might have scrap steel 7/8 rod and boring out a .75" long section of it to make a sleeve I could then secure with set screws.

Why would I pop primers? Gas port size? Also do .750 gas blocks close tighter than .750?

Last edited:

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I've been looking for a 2 piece clamp style gas block that has holes tapped for set screws to do just that. I'm also considering contacting a machine shop that might have scrap steel 7/8 rod and boring out a .75" long section of it to make a sleeve I could then secure with set screws.

Why would I pop primers? Gas port size? Also do .750 gas blocks close tighter than .750?

CMMG likes to put short throats in their barrels. They like to pop primers if you shoot hot ammo.

The work you want is going to cost more than just buying the Kino. If this is to be a small precision rig, taper pinning a criterion barrel is not optimal.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Ballistic Advantage also makes a 12.5" barrel with a similar profile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom