• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    In the market for a 1x6 and have narrowed it down to either the Vortex strike eagle or the Primary arms 1x6 any recommendations opinions? Which is better from yalls experience

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I would vote Vortex. The warranty is worth it. I have their 1-4 PST and its great. I would have got the SE if it was out then.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Primary arms is iffy. If you want a good zero stop that wont make you want to kill babies, avoid vortex at all costs.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Vortex hands down. Lifetime warranty on the products is worth the peace of mind.

I see your avatar is US Navy, so you are eligible on www.promotive.com which is a site that offers discounts to first responders, military, etc. Vortex is one of the companies that is on there and they offer some good discounts on their scopes.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    XTR II. Lifetime warranty, better glass than most, (no yellow tinge like the PSTs I had/have) 34mm tube, bright as all hell.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Had to make this decision not long ago. I don't have personal experience with Primary Arms, but I read good things.

That said, I went with the Strike Eagle. Personally, I liked the reticle better, the Vortex warranty gave me peace of mind and I had good experiences with their other products.

Six months in, and no regrets.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Not a vortex fan huh? lol

I have a few of there scopes that work fine. I just don't drink kook-aid. Ive noticed that almost all of their scopes with the exception of the Aimpoint knockoffs they offer use some sort of VERY slightly yellow tinted glass that drives me bonkers. I hate their zero stop shim system, and the glass. Other than that they worked fine for me.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have a Strike Eagle, no issues, works very well on my AR. No experience with the PA other than their red dots, can't really help there. ;)

I also have a Viper PST with the zero stop shim setup... didn't have any issues with that yet either..

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    I have a PA 6x red dot magnifier. Glass is very clear and happy with it. I know it is not a "sight" but the next sight I buy in that price range will be PA.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    As with many questions on Scope and Rifles and Pistols, purpose, preference, cost...though picking a Scope I think is one of the hardest decision to make...with regard to reticle, clarity, Mil Dot or MOA...Hunting Target...??? So, I read good things on both, I'm looking at PA for my 762x39mm AR/PTR-32...

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I have a Primary Arms 1x6 with the ACSS reticle on an ar15 and love it. I just use it for range time but thought it might be pretty good for small game hunting if the occasion arose.

It seems to be very solid and I haven't had any issues with the glass or holding zero.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As with many questions on Scope and Rifles and Pistols, purpose, preference, cost...though picking a Scope I think is one of the hardest decision to make...with regard to reticle, clarity, Mil Dot or MOA...Hunting Target...??? So, I read good things on both, I'm looking at PA for my 762x39mm AR/PTR-32...

I put the PA SFP 1-6x24 ACSS 300Blk/762x39 reticle on my 300blk. and love it. It does carry a 3year warranty. This is on my new deer rifle.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    In that price range I would get the vortex. The warranty covers everything but loss or theft. The XTR is probably a good option but it is 2.5 or 3x the price of the two you are looking at.

Either will serve you well. Primary arms doesn't have the warranty but if it's going to fail, it will probably be in the first year or 2. I have a millet that worked until it didn't. Now I run a Vortex gen 2. I like knowing that if there is a problem it will be taken care of. The fantastic glass and the JM reticle with a truly daylight visible red dot don't hurt either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom