• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    Anybody else read Van Hollen's article in the Capital yesterday?
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/government/ac-cn-van-hollen-0916-story.html

He claims the HQL, which he calls a permit, has saved lives. I quote, "We have seen it. We have seen in the state of Maryland the permit to purchase law has saved lives."

Would love to see some proof of that. I thought the only purpose of the HQL was more money for the state and more difficulty for law abiding citizens to obtain handguns.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Anybody else read Van Hollen's article in the Capital yesterday?
    http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/government/ac-cn-van-hollen-0916-story.html

He claims the HQL, which he calls a permit, has saved lives. I quote, "We have seen it. We have seen in the state of Maryland the permit to purchase law has saved lives."

Would love to see some proof of that. I thought the only purpose of the HQL was more money for the state and more difficulty for law abiding citizens to obtain handguns.

This is were you hit him up with a FOIA request, if I was MSI!!!! Then watch him squirm!!!

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    "it is absolutely nuts that in some states you go to the gun shop and go through a background check, but if you go to the gun show you don’t"

Where does he get this false information????

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    That's actually not completely false, just very misleading regarding the famous "Gun Show Loophole" that the anti-2As want to use to force a registry of long guns.

In some states private, face to face sale of handguns is legal with no background check. The same laws in those states apply to private sales at gun shows, out in the parking lot, or over your kitchen table. What the other side never mentions is that the vast majority of sales at gun shows are done by FFLs who are required by law to do the same background check as if the sale took place at their brick and mortar store.

And, yes Van Hollowhead is "absolutely nuts" as per his quote.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The MD "Firearm Death Rate in 2013 was 9.3/100000

In 2016 it was 11.9/100000

Given the increase in murder rate in Baltimore (which I'm sure drives the state rate), I can't imagine it's any better for 2017.

That is why I think we need to call his bluff with a FOIA request.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    That is why I think we need to call his bluff with a FOIA request.

You're wasting your money and time. He doesn't care. He uses Everytown and The Space Cadet stats, or makes stuff up on the spot. MOCOs Perfumed Pashas deserve him. It's a shame he's able to wreak havoc at the national level.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It looks like the meter just got pegged.

Attachments

• ********.jpg
      ********.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 593

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    The sad thing is his base couldn't care less that he is lying and misleading. He is appealing to peoples emotions and that is enough to get votes.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    While i hate wiki sources but i 100% love this post

A) it’s pro gun/pro not dumb
    B) you cite a source!!!

Thank you! You should post more!

Thanks!

I don't much like Wikipedia as a source either; the linked page does have links to original source material, and it's at least less BS than making it up. it was also very quick, which is sometimes the point. In less than five minutes, I could find data disproving the Sentor's statement.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    And now with the Aberdeen shooting, numbnuts Van Hollen has flipped and is already tweeting that "we must do more to end the toll of gun violence...".

SMH, the guy couldn't wait to take advantage of a tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom