• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Wow that is nice looking. Is 8k really a not too awful price? Seems pretty bad to me but I don't know what these go for. Are ww2 shotguns really worth that much more than the rifles and handguns? Excluding machine guns but I wouldnt have expected a shotgun to be worth more than most nice handgun examples and maybe snipers or otherwise rare rifles.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    You could pay up to 3000 easy for a TG that may not entirely be authentic without doing your homework with related cost. I wouldn't pay that much for it because I'm too cheap and the box would at some point wind up in the fire barrel. I think it's neat just because of the wiping stick and manual.
    I bet you could see your reflection in the bore polish though. The bluing and butt plate fit is over the top nice.

Jul 1, 2012
    Wow that is nice looking. Is 8k really a not too awful price? Seems pretty bad to me but I don't know what these go for. Are ww2 shotguns really worth that much more than the rifles and handguns? Excluding machine guns but I wouldnt have expected a shotgun to be worth more than most nice handgun examples and maybe snipers or otherwise rare rifles.

In general they are crazy expensive. Not sure why (maybe not many survived intact?). Therefore, there are a lot of fakes and bolted together examples from parts to watch for.

I'm not surprised that this seller is getting that kind of money. Follow his auctions and see...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    In general they are crazy expensive. Not sure why (maybe not many survived intact?). Therefore, there are a lot of fakes and bolted together examples from parts to watch for.

I'm not surprised that this seller is getting that kind of money. Follow his auctions and see...

Yikes! Took a look at what this seller has up on GB and it's jaw dropping. Early 80s CZ-75 w. box (had to come from Canada), a H&R .25 SL pistol with period holster that looks untouched, Colt 1908 & 1903s as NIB. The list goes on and on. How the hell is he getting so many NIB examples?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yikes! Took a look at what this seller has up on GB and it's jaw dropping. Early 80s CZ-75 w. box (had to come from Canada), a H&R .25 SL pistol with period holster that looks untouched, Colt 1908 & 1903s as NIB. The list goes on and on. How the hell is he getting so many NIB examples?

Either richer than all of us put together, or grandpa was our C&R common evolutionary ancestor would be my guess.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Trench guns have always been on the upper end in price, however they are also commonly faked. I have a really nice one for sale on Gunbroker right now (not as nice as the NIB one..lol)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

The CZ-75 is probably a personal import by US military personnel stationed in Germany. They could buy them at the PX or if they got the German handgun permit, at a regular gun store. I've been told they were cheap compared to Berettas and Sigs, so they were fairly popular. One of them popped up locally back in 2017 for $500 with the box. I probably should have grabbed it.

The listing said he acquired a collection he's liquidating that's mostly still in their boxes.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I would love that but would want to shoot it. Bought a used riot gun simialar but a nockoff and it's fun to shoot.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

I was going to say WOW but YIKES works too! I looked at the seller's other items and first thought was that you might be selling off your collection! Had me worried, glad you're okay.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The more I look at this I'm not completely sold on the heat shield. I'm probably wrong but its a little different than some other examples I looked at elswhere. Couple other little things as well probably just me I don't even know why I'm worried about it I'm not bidding.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I must be wrong the one above doesn't have the pat pending date on the side next to the bayo lug just like the one that's up on GB now but it does have the same number of rows lengthwise and across. Also on the one above y0u can see the shell and flame with barrel proof that has been burnished after being struck because of being stamped with these marks after finishing was done. The boxed gun is not burnished and hard to tell I guess because it's new?
    Also there is a difference between the two ordnance wheel cart-ouch(s) as far as I can tell. The new one on top has left cannon with reduced breech diameter at left and pivot on the right cannon way higher than the older example below. This one (older example) has same size cannon breech left and right with pivot half way between left gun and inner diameter of circle unlike the top which has pivot way higher.
    Maybe its just the way I'm looking at them they just seem a little different is all.

pix473352742 (3).jpg

tg4 a (2).jpg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I was going to say WOW but YIKES works too! I looked at the seller's other items and first thought was that you might be selling off your collection! Had me worried, glad you're okay.

Ah, I only wish my collection was in that territory. But it's comforting to know I'd be missed around here. Still on the acquisition path but it's more like a roller coaster ride. Getting near the top, slowing down and ready to start the phase of my life where I start to process of finding new homes of this pile of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom