• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWB13

Apr 9, 2019
    Calvert Co.
    My phone isn't allowing me to use the search que. In the last year I've purchased a 12ga and apparel for upland hunting and all of my 'friends' said that they'd take me goose and duck hunting with them. Well I saw a lot of pictures of successful trips out and I sat on my couch with my phone in hand. My question is, are there any upland bird hunting clubs in the bi-county area that I can join and learn how to hunt? Thank you.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Short answer, not really. There aren't any upland birds left in SOMD. There are some hunt clubs in the area but none that I know of that do upland birds. Most upland hunts in MD are game farms. I've done it a few times, it's fun but not really hunting.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Plenty of good duck and hope hunting in southern md

I don’t know about clubs

But pm me early next fall and if I am feeling better, or if not, I will take you, or if I don’t feel better my son will, take you duck hunting and if you want squirrel hunting

The only upland game birds were have are woodcocks and I usually don’t bother with them, kinda miss the good old quail days but like others have said those days are behind us now

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

I don’t know about clubs

But pm me early next fall and if I am feeling better, or if not, I will take you, or if I don’t feel better my son will, take you duck hunting and if you want squirrel hunting

The only upland game birds were have are woodcocks and I usually don’t bother with them, kinda miss the good old quail days but like others have said those days are behind us now

not a duck hunter just the clay type. did i hear something about ducks closing up for five years

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    not a duck hunter just the clay type. did i hear something about ducks closing up for five years

Idk, I haven’t heard that but I will ask around

Been 2 years or so since I have been, just starting feeling good enough to deer hunt this past season

Fvck cancer

Anyway I figured I would offer

JWB13

Apr 9, 2019
    Calvert Co.

I don’t know about clubs

That's so awesome of you, man! Thank you very much for the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom