• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I believe the reason they won't ship to separate addresses is because that's still illegal, as the magazines are part of the gun purchase. I could be mistaken but that's how I remember the mag purchase discussions.

In kolbe I the AAG argued that magazines were not protectable under the 2A. Either he said they were not firearms, or that was the unspoken implication. I don’t remember. But the opinion excoriated him formthe approach in tha the dang firearm can’t function (as intended) without the magazine. So regardless whether it was a firearm, a part of a firearm or smeting else, until it was reversed by Kolbe II, it was under the purview of 2A.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They make 10 Rd Mags for it that you can order from MD. Then next time out of state buy a 12 Rd

Technically they are Cz83 .380 magazines, but the mags are identical between the Cz82 and 83 and .380 is nearly identical to 9MAK. They’ll work and feed in a Cz82.

Downside is when I looked at them, I think they are like $40-50 each. Though Cz82 mags seem to be pretty expensive most places also.

But that is partly why I am hoping to pick one up at a show or store out of state once I get a C&R license (soon. I hope. Just waiting on the mail). That way I can actually get the magazine with the gun. And maybe hopefully pick up a couple extra mags from the same person/another vendor at the show.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    They make 10 Rd Mags for it that you can order from MD. Then next time out of state buy a 12 Rd

They actually make MD-compliant mags for a C&R firearm? That's surprising. I worried that wouldn't be the case for most C&Rs. Still, nice to have the standard, as-designed capacity. I think what you suggest is the best course of action.

Falkendawg

Sep 1, 2013
    I got a cz-82 from Classic last year - had them ship the mags seperately to Duffy's to have them "pinned" below 10 rounds. Cost a little extra for shipping and I think it was $10 to Duffy's for the service, but still came out cheaper than the 10rd mags.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    DK Firearms in Bowling Green VA is also an Industry Partner here. He also goes to the Nation's gunshow in Chantilly.

He has/had 12rd mags for the cz82/83 for very reasonable prices.

As for generaly receiving mags, they must be 10rd or less.

Obviously, for rare or hard to find mags that come with a C&R firearm, I would consider finding FFL01 out-of-state that will receive the firearm, then take a trip there to obtain it with C&R license.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Ask them to split the mags from the gun and ship them out of state. You can ship them to a UPS store and they will hold the package for a $5 charge. They don’t ask what it is or care quite frankly. Just pay your $5 and leave with your mags.

Some sellers will do this (a lot of the sellers further west will) some won’t. Its hit or miss.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    DK Firearms in Bowling Green VA is also an Industry Partner here. He also goes to the Nation's gunshow in Chantilly.

He has/had 12rd mags for the cz82/83 for very reasonable prices.

As for generaly receiving mags, they must be 10rd or less.

Obviously, for rare or hard to find mags that come with a C&R firearm, I would consider finding FFL01 out-of-state that will receive the firearm, then take a trip there to obtain it with C&R license.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

At least there are options. Good to know.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ask them to split the mags from the gun and ship them out of state. You can ship them to a UPS store and they will hold the package for a $5 charge. They don’t ask what it is or care quite frankly. Just pay your $5 and leave with your mags.

Some sellers will do this (a lot of the sellers further west will) some won’t. Its hit or miss.

It has to be shipped UPS or Fedex to that UPS store though. I got yelled at with my last shoe shipment as the shipper sent it USPS and I was told by the store manager that USPS has to go to the end recipient, it isn’t supposed to go to a holding 3rd party per US postal service rules.

I hadn’t heard if that, but I’ve been “officially notified” that the next time it’ll end up getting shipped back if I get sent something USPS and ask for it to be held at the UPS store.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    It has to be shipped UPS or Fedex to that UPS store though. I got yelled at with my last shoe shipment as the shipper sent it USPS and I was told by the store manager that USPS has to go to the end recipient, it isn’t supposed to go to a holding 3rd party per US postal service rules.

I hadn’t heard if that, but I’ve been “officially notified” that the next time it’ll end up getting shipped back if I get sent something USPS and ask for it to be held at the UPS store.

Yes! I believe they can accept DHL as well (not that anyone uses them). I love shipping my shoes to that store. You can ship usps packages to the ups store if you get a mailbox there (pretty sure).

I just call the selling party and make sure the package will be sent through ups or fedex, sometimes I have to pay a little extra but I am a repeat customer for the sites that work with me.

I’ve found this method to be very successful and reliable. Some sites will not ship to an out of state address that doesn’t match the address billed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom