• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I have 10 or 11 50lb bags of granular salt to get rid of. I've had them sitting in the garage for several years and they have to go. I won't claim they're still food grade that's for you to decide but some went for ham curing, salting hides and even had someone claimed to use it for blacksmithing.

The bags are showing sign of age and a few have broken corners so bring a couple of containers. The link shows what the bags looked like and I've copied the description.

http://publicsalt.com/product/morton-purex-tfc-salt/

Morton TFC Purex Salt is prepared by treating Purex Salt with a minute concentration of yellow prussiate of soda, an additive permitted for food use, as a water-soluble anticaking agent.

Morton Purex salts comply with Food Chemicals Codex tolerances and federal cGMP standards. They are annually certified as Kosher.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I can check with a couple of my taxidermy buds. Are you giving these away? Shoot me a PM?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I'll take some, I'm in the county and can bring some 5 gallon buckets. Just making a fleshing board now and could use it for hides and maybe curing too. Shoot me a Pm and I'll call you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom