• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Hey Va. Welcome to Md. It really sucks doesn't it!

Last time I looked we weren't MD, and I can still go and buy a gun from a buddy or someone I meet on the VA forum with out the VASP, and still purchase from a brick and mortar and walk out in 5 minutes with it. McAuwful can propose what ever he wants, tighter controls won't pass.
    $100k for VASP to do gunshows, when there is already a budget crunch, won't happen

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    jack.gif

Don't count on it, the Commonwealth is at least a few decades away from any type of stuff we've seen here in this state. Considering how strong the 2A has been in the last handful of years, I doubt VA would ever go full retard.

VA population combined with a lot more rural conservative counties, and a conservative filled legislator. Of course, everything is subject to change, after all, they did elect Mcauliffe. The third party shenanigans and people who just don't vote helped that.

Northern Virginia used to be a solidly conservative area, over the past 30 years the liberals have moved in and Northern Virginia is the equivalent of MoCo, PGCo and Balto City in Maryland. The conservative counties in Virginia will be as useful as the conservative counties in Maryland in preventing a liberal takeover of the commonwealth's government, which is not useful at all.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thread revival ...

After today's shooting in Roanoke ...

Gov. Terry McAuliffe Calls For Tougher Gun Laws After Virginia Shooting

"I've proposed this now twice to the General Assembly. I ran on the topic. It was part of my platform that we need tougher gun laws in the Commonwealth," McAuliffe said during a Wednesday morning appearance on WTOP's monthly "Ask the Governor" program, in which listeners and live blog readers can pose questions.

"I will continue to push [gun control] as I have in two legislative sessions so far," he said. "I put it up again last year. It never sees the light of day."

Along with Obama, McAwful is another liberal/progressive politician who will cause me to scream at the TV or radio as soon as I hear him speak. It makes no different what he says, but when he's on a gun control tear, it's like ...

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    He's a dummy...trust me. His ignorance expands beyond the 2A. That goes for most of the folks in his administration too. Nice people, but incompetent for the most part. There are lots of anti-McAuliffe signs in fields around here - mostly related to his shenanigans around the Atlantic Coast Pipeline and "cozy" relationship with Dominion. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a BLM-type standoff when they use "eminent domain" to take peoples land. Conservatives and hippies alike are united against the administration on this one.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Did I hear McAuliffe correctly during his interview today that he vetoed a bill that passed the Virginia legislature that would have made machine guns legal?

I saw the interview twice, and both times that's what I heard.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Did I hear McAuliffe correctly during his interview today that he vetoed a bill that passed the Virginia legislature that would have made machine guns legal?

Transferable guns have been legal in VA as long as I can remember. So I'm not sure what he is referring to?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011

Yes, he said that. And loaded long gun transport is also legal, but subject to the rules of the local municipality. The bill he vetoed would have allowed CHP holders to be exempted from these local laws. Big Whoop.:sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I believe the machine gun legislation he refused to sign was to remove the option of LE to refuse sign off on Form 4 transfers of MG.

ETA- I went and found the list of bills McAwful vetoed. The bill he was referring to was HB 2009.

HB 2009, Delegate LaRock, requires the chief law enforcement officer to sign off on a Form 4 to purchase a Class III weapon. This bill will be heard in the Senator Courts of Justice on Monday at 8 AM.
    Governor McAuliffe vetoed the following bills:

SB 948, Senator Stuart, keeps CHP holder information from being shared with states, like Maryland, which don't honor Virginia permits. Governor gave this excuse for the veto: "This bill could unnecessarily hamper criminal investigations in other states and put our law enforcement officers at risk."

Permit holders committing crimes in other states? Permit holders putting officers in other states at risk? Your excuses, sir, are pure horse pucky. Truth is, Governor, that you are NOT interested in protecting the rights of Virginia's citizens. Quite the opposite. You are interested in empowering states like Maryland to mistreat and entrap Virginians.

SB 1137, Senator Garrett, allows CHP holders to have a loaded long gun in their vehicle regardless of what a local ordinance says. Governor's excuse: "This legislation ignores long-established fire arm safety procedures and could endanger law enforcement officers in the line of duty. "

Forgetting that the Governor can't spell "firearms, " people can already carry loaded long guns in vehicles in many localities in the state and have been doing so without incident. All this bill did was make the law consistent. And "endangering law enforcement?" Is that the best you can come up with, Governor? You are sounding like a broken record.

HB 2009, Delegate LaRock, makes treatment of NFA applicants fair and equitable. Governor's excuse: "This bill restricts the authority of local law enforcement to make its own decisions about machine gun transfers."

No, this bill prevents ABUSE of Virginia's citizens by law enforcement. But again, the Governor seems perfectly comfortable with abuse of Virginia's citizens.

HB 2286, Delegate Webert, makes Virginia honor firearm rights restorations from other states. The Governor made some suggested changes, which are really a "poison pill," meant to kill the bill, not improve it. The Governor's changes would take away a person's gun rights for certain MISDEMEANORS (something that the General Assembly has already rejected) and it would prevent a Virginia resident from getting their gun rights restored for a minimum of five years after their conviction.

SB 848, Senator Stanley, creates the "Governor's Twenty" marksmanship awards, Governor wants it to be called "Commonwealth's Twenty" instead.

ROFLMAO! I knew the Governor would not want to be associated with an award for gun owners. I just didn't know how he was going to get around it until now. He would have been so much happier in anti-gun, communist, New Jersey than he is here in Virginia.

HB 1702, Delegate DeSteph, allows a dealer to run background checks on people he sells guns to from his person collection. The Governor added a poison pill to this bill, too. He added a requirement for gun shows to provide space to the Virginia State Police for the purpose of running background checks on purchasers who are buying from a private seller. The bill has the following wording: "...any party involved in the transaction [background check on the purchaser] may decide whether or not to have a determination made under this subsection." What does that mean? That's as clear as mud. So if a purchaser doesn't want a background check run on himself, but the seller does want that background check run, who gets their way?

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I believe the machine gun legislation he refused to sign was to remove the option of LE to refuse sign off on Form 4 transfers of MG.

ETA_ I went and found the list of bills McAwful vetoed. The bill he was referring to was HB 2009.

HB 2009, Delegate LaRock, makes treatment of NFA applicants fair and equitable. Governor's excuse: "This bill restricts the authority of local law enforcement to make its own decisions about machine gun transfers."

Ignoring the machine gun part of his comment as a 'red herring', he was throwing his supporters in Fairfax and Loudon counties a bone for providing him and his family free food and lodging in Richmond.

I know another way he can get 3 hots-and-a-cot for at least 4 years. Perhaps when his political paramour, The HildeBeast, dons her orange pantsuit, he can get a matching jumpsuit.

<SPIT !!!>

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Northern Virginia used to be a solidly conservative area, over the past 30 years the liberals have moved in and Northern Virginia is the equivalent of MoCo, PGCo and Balto City in Maryland. The conservative counties in Virginia will be as useful as the conservative counties in Maryland in preventing a liberal takeover of the commonwealth's government, which is not useful at all.

and... lots of these NOVA libtards are ex-Marylander's who have had enough of wonderful stuff they created in Maryland. One would think they would learn from their previous mistakes... wrong! One thing's for certain, everywhere the liberals go, things turn to complete shit. In addition, not only NOVA but majority in Hampton/Norfolk and Richmond area all voted Democratic. Look out VA, your liberal utopia is coming.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    In general, it seems people are more politically astute here. They take local elections seriously, recognizing that the folks they send to RIchmond are empowered to make decisions that affect their lives. VA is a big state and I don't see the senate turning anti-gun anytime soon, as even many of the (D) folks from rural counties are pro-2A. The House might get gerrymandered as the liberals invade NoVA, but that will take a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Yes sir, already happening big time.

and... lots of these NOVA libtards are ex-Marylander's who have had enough of wonderful stuff they created in Maryland. One would think they would learn from their previous mistakes... wrong! One thing's for certain, everywhere the liberals go, things turn to complete shit. In addition, not only NOVA but majority in Hampton/Norfolk and Richmond area all voted Democratic. Look out VA, your liberal utopia is coming.

News Flash, it's creeping to North Carolina too. Yes it's amazing how liberal migration is a dominant force. Do not forget demographics. Obama won twice via demographics, a pretty good built in handicap for the left when it comes to Presidential election.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

That's crazy talk. That's like saying that liberals who tired of their own politics and economics in California would move to Nevada. And it would never be helped along by liberals such as Our Kenyan President settling "refugees" in conservative states.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's crazy talk. That's like saying that liberals who tired of their own politics and economics in California would move to Nevada.

Or Colorado. Imagine if Colorado started to lean hard left and passed kooky anti-gun laws.

Oh... wait...

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    That's crazy talk. That's like saying that liberals who tired of their own politics and economics in California would move to Nevada. And it would never be helped along by liberals such as Our Kenyan President settling "refugees" in conservative states.

Do a little research... Not Nevada, but Colorado. See what kind of fun ex-Californian's are bringing to the Centennial State.

Here are two quotes from articles: "Aug 29, 2013 - California migration, to a degree, has altered Colorado politics,"

"People are fleeing blue states in droves. In Illinois alone, half of its residents would rather move someplace else."

Keep kidding yourself...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There's plenty of CA ex pats in NV too. Don't also forget the Dem unions run Las Vegas. NV went for Obummer and Reid.

It's not just CO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom