• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Looking for a new mechanic for our family cars. We have a Honda and Ford. Our current mechanic shop was sold a few years ago, it was great up to that point and was good after but it has been slowly getting worse. My most recent experience has me wanting to fined a new mechanic.

Looking for a mechanic who knows these types of cars, is honest, and doesnt take forever to make a repair. As long as price is reasonable for their work, its fine as I am more worried about knowing how to diagnose the problem and being efficient in completing the work. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    We go to Royal Auto. It's technically in Baltimore, but it's just over the AA County line on Fort Smallwood Rd right near the Royal Farms. Kenny has always been honest with us and is usually really quick with turnaround times on repairs and such.

6407 Ft Smallwood Rd.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    For the Honda, there is no substitute for Independent Auto (formerly Hondamans). They are on Ritchie Highway in Pasadena.

Same people, just had to change the name.

Hands down the best in the business - seriously.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    For the Honda, there is no substitute for Independent Auto (formerly Hondamans). They are on Ritchie Highway in Pasadena.

Do they work on other brands as well?

Mr H

Banana'd
    We've been using Ken Quasney's Auto Sense in Millersville for several years, now.

Good, strong pro-2A business as it turned out... good folk, fair and fast.

Anyone wants to go talk to them, PM me for my info. I won't get anything out of it, but they might as well know where you came from.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Do they work on other brands as well?

Perhaps, but I've only ever used them Honda work. They probably have 95% Hondas/Acuras on the lot at any one time.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Perhaps, but I've only ever used them Honda work. They probably have 95% Hondas/Acuras on the lot at any one time.

They specialize in Honda. We took our honda there for a while but switched. There was an issue they couldn't fix, they were honest that they couldn't figure it out. We thought why not give our other shop a chance to fix it, which they did and we stayed where we are now. But they have gone the way of the dogs, so it's time to change.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They specialize in Honda. We took our honda there for a while but switched. There was an issue they couldn't fix, they were honest that they couldn't figure it out. We thought why not give our other shop a chance to fix it, which they did and we stayed where we are now. But they have gone the way of the dogs, so it's time to change.

Crazy - I had the exact oppositie experience on ours. They bird dogged a problem with the motors on the vent system burning up that dealer could not track down.

They spent three days on it and finally figured out that the whole system wasn't properly grounded at the factory and was causing the motors to burn up.

They refused to charge me for most of the diagnostic time because they said that I shouldn't be paying for them to NOT figure it out for the first couple of days.

Class act all the way from our experience.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    97 Automotive in Millersville, Aaron is honest and hard working. He’s been good to me and my vehicles.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Cape Auto, off 50 near Cape St. Claire.

Good luck getting your car in there if you're not on the preferred customer list.

I was consistently quoted 1 week for an oil change and got tired of asking. Meanwhile, others seemed to be able to miraculously get their cars in on any given afternoon.

Screw them.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crazy - I had the exact oppositie experience on ours. They bird dogged a problem with the motors on the vent system burning up that dealer could not track down.

They spent three days on it and finally figured out that the whole system wasn't properly grounded at the factory and was causing the motors to burn up.

They refused to charge me for most of the diagnostic time because they said that I shouldn't be paying for them to NOT figure it out for the first couple of days.

Class act all the way from our experience.

It was something stupid. A piece of shielding near one of the brakes was slightly warped, or something along those lines. It was causing a squealing noise. They just couldnt figure it out. It's my wifes car, so I dont remember exactly what was going on. They were the same way with us. They didnt charge us for not being able to figure it out. We were planning on taking the Honda back there, but I wanted to see what other suggestions others here had.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Not the first time I have heard this.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I have been dealing with Bob's All Makes in Pasadena for years. Bob is at 4415 Mountain Rd, which is just east of the end of Route 100.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Severns Auto Performance on Generals Hwy in Crownsville, or Dave's Auto on Mountain Rd and Catherine Ave in Pasadena. Both are excellent and honest. Not only that, but they can do repairs most others either won't or can't do. Severn does farm out exhaust work to Maryland Muffler on Rt 3N.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom