• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Anyone have any good recommends for a scope for a Ruger 10/22? Setup is I have an aftermarket ATI stock (with the adjustable length stock) and I put a picatinny rail on top.

I had an el cheapo AIM scope but it pissed me off so much today at AGC trying to get it sighted in I pulled it off and trashed it right then and there lol.

I mainly want something that'll let me shoot steel at 100 yards, and will be easy to setup/mount/maintain/dial in. Would like to keep it under $200. Thanks in advance for any leads.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I just got a BSA Sweet 22 but haven't mounted it yet. The reviews for it seemed pretty good and for $60 I couldn't pass it up for a 22.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    BSA 3-9X40 Sweet 22 Rifle Scope with Side Parallax Adjustment and Multi-Grain Turret
    or
    BSA 6-18X40 Sweet 22 Rifle Scope with Side Parallax Adjustment and Multi-Grain Turret

or my all-time favorite
    Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 3-9 x 40

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    A 4x fixed-power Nikon or Weaver will do the job well at that distance.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Even with a fixed 4x, 100 yards isn't a problem - unless you want to do small groups.

I run the 4x Nikon Prostaff rimfire on my 10/22 for Appleseed.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    For a bit more ($250 on sale, which is often):

Midway BSA Tactical 4-14x

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/45...il-adjustments-first-focal-mrad-reticle-matte

I think this is the same scope as the Primary Arms and Mueller 4-14x.

Looks like the same scope body that Falcon uses in the Menace 4-14x44 FFP Mil/Mil.

Not a bad budget scope, but can't take a hit/fall -

attachment.jpg

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I had a bunch of gift cards to bass pro so splurged on Nikon Prostaff w/ BDC. I have beend very pleased. But little pricey compared to some others out there.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have both a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 and a Cabela's Rimfire 3-9x40 and love them both. I like the reticle on the Cabelas model a little better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    If you want to shoot groups <100yds (and most rimfire guys do) an adjustable objective scope is the way to go. Eliminates parallax error.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I like mine.

Hang on, they will go on sale again. :)

I like the mil/mil, so it matches my big rifle scope. And the parallax ajustment goes down to 50 yards, IIRC.

No, it is not a Vortex Viper PST, but it is also a LOT cheaper. :)

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I bought a $35 Bushnell rubber armored scope at Walmart...It gets boring putting the boolits through the same hole after a while

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Centerpoint scope. I've got one on my 10/22, my dad has one on his, my uncle one on his and I got my stepdad one. For $70 off Amazon with rings...honestly can't beat it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Centerpoint scope. I've got one on my 10/22, my dad has one on his, my uncle one on his and I got my stepdad one. For $70 off Amazon with rings...honestly can't beat it.

I have to admit, their 2x7 muzzleloader scope has impressed me. It's one of a few scopes my .50Beo hasn't managed to kill, so far.

Also have a 4-16x50 side focus model (that I can't find on their website), that has been absolutely perfect - considering the low $$ point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom