• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    First time Black Friday planning as a firearm owner, are there usually any good deals to be had on reloading items?

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    First time Black Friday planning as a firearm owner, are there usually any good deals to be had on reloading items?

Power valley usually runs free shipping which is about as good as you are going to get for primers and powder.

Evergladesammo usually runs a 10% off either for black Friday or cyber monday (have to be on the email list) which is about as good as you are going to get for bullets and brass.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Power valley usually runs free shipping which is about as good as you are going to get for primers and powder.

Evergladesammo usually runs a 10% off either for black Friday or cyber monday (have to be on the email list) which is about as good as you are going to get for bullets and brass.

That’s good to know. I’ve been looking at Powder Valley planning out some purchases so I’ll probably just hold off to see if they do free shipping. I’ll have to take a look at Everglades.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    That’s good to know. I’ve been looking at Powder Valley planning out some purchases so I’ll probably just hold off to see if they do free shipping. I’ll have to take a look at Everglades.

The other place to consider is Brownells. They regularly run $15 off of $150, $25 off of $200 kind of deals that include free shipping. Brownells' special handling charge for powder and primers is only $20 (most places are $30) so if you can get your order over $150 if you are coming close to all of the shipping being free. Their prices on primers isn't the best unless you can catch them on sale but it's almost always best to bundle powder and primer purchases so you can save on the hazmat fees.

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    Brownells coupon codes

From Gun Deals
    Code VB5 or M7R = $49 = Free Shipping
    Code PJS or MDV= $99 = Free Shipping
    Code VC6 = 10% off $49 + Free Shipping
    Code NBM =$10 off $99 + Free Shipping
    Code NCS = $15 off $150 + Free Shipping
    Code M8Y = $20 off $200 + Free Shipping

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    The other place to consider is Brownells. They regularly run $15 off of $150, $25 off of $200 kind of deals that include free shipping. Brownells' special handling charge for powder and primers is only $20 (most places are $30) so if you can get your order over $150 if you are coming close to all of the shipping being free. Their prices on primers isn't the best unless you can catch them on sale but it's almost always best to bundle powder and primer purchases so you can save on the hazmat fees.

Brownells has got a bunch of my money this year because they have deals pretty often and sales in addition to them. I just got the bulk of my reloading setup from them because of sales and a $35 off $300 deal. I ordered the press prior to the deal because it was on sale for $100 less than everywhere else I looked.

I’ll have to keep an eye on primer and powder prices and buy when on sale and stock allows.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Brownells has got a bunch of my money this year because they have deals pretty often and sales in addition to them.

same here, last couple of years. decent prices, good sales and then usually can stack their frequent 10% off on top. bought a fair amount of 6.5 creed and 224 valk and others from them and with sales and 10% (and most importantly free shipping) were the cheapest on ammoseek.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    same here, last couple of years. decent prices, good sales and then usually can stack their frequent 10% off on top. bought a fair amount of 6.5 creed and 224 valk and others from them and with sales and 10% (and most importantly free shipping) were the cheapest on ammoseek.

Ditto. Also go get a Curio and Relic license if you buy a fair amount of stuff from them. Even if you don’t ever plan to use it to buy C&R Firearms. It is great for that, but it is only $30 and a 4-8 week wait to get your 3 year license. Brownells and a few other places offer discounts to C&R holders. Wolff gun spring offers discounts (33% off). Brownell’s discounts most things not on sale for FFLs (which include C&R holders). Typically 5-25% off depending on what it is. Numerich also offers discounts for C&R holders (they sell parts mostly for older guns).

I’ve probably saved at least $50-80 in discounts since I got my license in May. Which I rationalize helps make up for the probably $2000 I’ve spent on C&R guns since then also.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My want is a Savage Rascal at a good price for my kids. Also a MkIV or Buckmark. Still haven’t figured out which one I want.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

FWIW:

I placed an order with Brownell's yesterday for some stuff I needed now. I used code "NBM" and it was $10 off of $100 plus free shipping. I found that, along with a list of other three digit codes by a quick Google.

My want is a Savage Rascal at a good price for my kids. Also a MkIV or Buckmark. Still haven’t figured out which one I want.

I'm a HUGE fan of the MK IV. I have a MK IV lite and it's a great pistol. It and the Buckmark both have big aftermarkets, but I'm a Ruger guy when it comes to rimfires.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    Today only at Brownell's: $20 off off $200, $40 off of $400, $70 off of $600 all with free shipping: must use appropriate promo code on their website.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Great post I’ll try and contribute a few once they start popping up here in the next week or two
    Last year you clued me into a Kentucky Gun (Black Friday) deal on the CZ 455 Varmint with two 17-inch threaded barrels in 22 LR and 17 HMR, that was first being included in a SilencerCo package. It's a great rifle. Still haven't shot it in 17 HMR, but the 22 LR barrel is a laser. One of my favorite rimfire guns.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom