• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    One of my employees just told me about this http://www.wbaltv.com/article/eastern-tech-students-protest-racial-slur-on-baseball-field/9084532 incident.

She said she attended that school and that her little brother still does.
    She said that due to this protest classes were canceled for the day - even for the students who did not wish to participate in this protest.
    She said her little brother did not wish to participate and was called racist by other students for his desire to NOT be involved.

So Questions.
    A. WTF does a snapchat that happened in a virtual environment outside of the school day have to do with school discipline?
    B. Did the SCHOOL receive its full ADA funding for the day for all students who in reality were not receiving the education those tax dollars were paying for?
    C. Will the students who called the un-involved "racist" - which is just as prejudiced as the original slur that started this whole debacle - be punished on an equivalent level?

I'd like to see these questions asked of your elected local officials. I don't live there so it doesn't have the same impact from me.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Much ado about nothing, and total failure of leadership in the front office.

People do and say mean/stupid/racist things everyday. And guess what...THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT. This was a missed teaching opportunity. Speech is protected, whether or not it is vile or condoned.

No one was hurt, no one was discriminated against. Someone exposed themselves as being stupid/racist. Get over it and get back to work. These kids today are so ****ing sensitive, it's pathetic.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

People do and say mean/stupid/racist things everyday. And guess what...THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT. This was a missed teaching opportunity. Speech is protected, whether or not it is vile or condoned.

No one was hurt, no one was discriminated against. Someone exposed themselves as being stupid/racist. Get over it and get back to work. These kids today are so ****ing sensitive, it's pathetic.

Feelings, bro. Feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I graduated from that school in 1977 , and lived in the area for approx. 18 years . I have no problem with the kids doing a peaceful protest , and having dialog about tough topics .

The area was a very blue collar area when I was coming up , and has changed for the worse . What I don't understand is the person that took the picture was disciplined , did that person write it too ?????

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    All of this is nonsense. I just don't know where this is going to end. I don't see how this cycle is going to be broken.

Idiocracy, here we come. Some said it was a comedy, it has now been proven to be a very forward thinking true life story.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County

^^^^ This.
    Is my point.
    Apparently the student who took the photograph was suspended for Two days and the Students protested because it was an insufficient punishment.

The proceeded to accuse those who did not participate in the protest of being racist.

AND.

I want to know if this school administrator got her funding for the day out of this BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom