• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wasntme

Jun 10, 2012
    Pm'ed....

Damifinowfish is helping to put on a fun carnival shoot at the AGC 100 yard range on Saturday, September 15th from 10 am until about 3.

This a club shoot for the Mount Washington Rod & Gun Club. Anyone who is interested in coming out and shooting with us, to see if you may want to join the club, is more than welcome.

We will be shooting rimfire rifles at reactive targets and steel (at 100 yards)
    If you decide that you would like to join our club, you would be able to do so that day.

Anyone who is interested in joining us, please PM me with your name and E-mail address and I'll send you some info on our club. It's important that I have a list of guests beforehand.
    We look forward to seeing you out there.

Bob

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    I used to shoot at/belong to the Pikesville Sportsman Club, if anyone has ever driven down 795 you have been there. 795 goes through what was the club grounds.
    Those guys used to tape raw eggs to a string and shoot at them with BP rifles. No doubt whether you hit it or not.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I used to shoot at/belong to the Pikesville Sportsman Club, if anyone has ever driven down 795 you have been there. 795 goes through what was the club grounds.
    Those guys used to tape raw eggs to a string and shoot at them with BP rifles. No doubt whether you hit it or not.

Must have smelled good the next day...in the middle of July.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak

Bring them out! That sounds like fun! Can't smell as bad as the skunks that run around the range!

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Looks like I'll be able to come after all. Wrist isn't broken, hurts like crazy though, but won't affect me shooting.

So I'll have my .22 WMR bolt action, Ruger 10/22, Ruger SR22 pistol.

Anything else I should bring?

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Where is this? I'm interested.

Edit: googled it, 40 min away, maybe I can do this, anyone sharing their gear? Bills were tight last month and I sold my only 22 (15-22)

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Looks like I'll be able to come after all. Wrist isn't broken, hurts like crazy though, but won't affect me shooting.

So I'll have my .22 WMR bolt action, Ruger 10/22, Ruger SR22 pistol.

Anything else I should bring?

Ammo, Spray Paint, and read the AGC Range rules prior to coming out.
    Last count, I have over 100 metal targets ready to go and lots of other reactive targets. Also targets brought out by other members.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I can get my hands on one, Its small will only cut to 3/8 steel maybe a little larger.

Good News!

Chevellenut71 has picked up my old leaf springs and is cutting the steel down into target size pieces.

Maga Thanks to everyone that is helping with this event. This is looking like it is going to be a blast.

Steel targets only rust if it rains this day. But then we get to blast the rust off with lead!

troy1126

Sep 4, 2012
    Will Attend - need info

Great!!! I will attend with my twin 10 yr olds. I've been looking for a club since moving to the area.

Can you provide the address of the event?

Thanks for setting something like this up.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Great!!! I will attend with my twin 10 yr olds. I've been looking for a club since moving to the area.

Can you provide the address of the event?

Thanks for setting something like this up.

The AGC is located at this address

11518 Marriottsville Rd
    Marriottsville, MD 21104

Can't miss it from Merriottsville Road.

The range is between RT70 and Liberty Road

Looking forward to meeting you

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    This is the general time line for this shoot. (not carved in stone)

0800hrs - 1000hrs Set Up & Target Testing

1000hrs Carnival Shoot in full swing

1330 hrs Cook Out / Late Lunch

1400hrs Clean Up

1501 hrs Club Meeting in the Barnes Lower Class Room

Followed by a range safety walk through.
    After which new members can buy a 2012 half year range badge form the AGC for $75.
    Check with Bob as to what paper work and what club dues are needed to join MWRGC

That's right!

In ONE day you can join our club (Mount Washington Rod and Gun Club) and become an AGC Badge Holder

Can It Be any simpleler?

Just to add to the fun,
    check out the AGC Calender because there is another club that has an open shoot on the pistol range, but I believe there is a small fee for that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom