• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Damifinowfish is helping to put on a fun carnival shoot at the AGC 100 yard range on Saturday, September 15th from 10 am until about 3.

This a club shoot for the Mount Washington Rod & Gun Club. Anyone who is interested in coming out and shooting with us, to see if you may want to join the club, is more than welcome.

We will be shooting rimfire rifles at reactive targets and steel (at 100 yards)
    If you decide that you would like to join our club, you would be able to do so that day.

Anyone who is interested in joining us, please PM me with your name and E-mail address and I'll send you some info on our club. It's important that I have a list of guests beforehand.
    We look forward to seeing you out there.

Bob

FFJim

Apr 27, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    Wow. I would have loved to attend. However, I am getting to attend a long awaited Appleseed event that weekend. Could you please post if anything like this happens again?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I may stop on by !

Mike
    Only if you bring Root Beer!

FYI

My goal is to have between 150 to 200 reactive targets. These targets will be as small as 3/4 of an inch all the way up to my 14 X 14 stop sign.

This shoot is limited to the following calibers

.22 Mag
    .17 HMR
    .17 Match

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    My buddy and I are thinking of joining you on the 15th. Is this for iron sights only or can we use scopes? These 63 yr-old eyes need a little help seeing that far anymore, not to mention the shakes once I do find the target! :lol2: Also is this done from a standing position or from a bench? Thanks.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    My buddy and I are thinking of joining you on the 15th. Is this for iron sights only or can we use scopes? These 63 yr-old eyes need a little help seeing that far anymore, not to mention the shakes once I do find the target! :lol2: Also is this done from a standing position or from a bench? Thanks.

Oh Mike...in the first line of the OP it says, "fun carnival shoot". I'm sure scopes are fine at fun shoot, but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

Last edited:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

This is the only position allowed....J/K ;)

shoot.jpg
    [/IMG]

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Any sights and any position, as long as the shots hit the impact area. There is no charge for this, just a way for our club to host guests who may be interested in joining.
    Anyone who is planning on coming out please PM me with your name so I'll know who to look out for.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    FYI

Who is this Alex you speak of? I have problems with this person in the past pretending to be me, I am The Great Damifinow Fish! Please point this imposter out to me so I can set him straight! It will be a bloody mess when I am done with him!

Yes I will have targets for open sights. I have had several large and very thin AR500 targets made for open sights and for pistols shooters. These targets are as large as my 14x14 stop sign, 10 inch round plate, 8 inch round plate, & a 12 inch high bell.

Atec:
    Yes you may shoot a .50 cal. at steel. It must be loaded with a lead bullet (not a Jacketed bullet) and you must use less then 70 grains of black powder as the propellent! Your loads must be certified by the Black Powder RSO Guru. I can bring the targets that the RSO BP Guru shoots his 45/70 trap door at.

What to bring:
    Spray paint, Spray paint, & Spray paint! Bright colored paint! Stay away from the neon stuff! I like the Rustolum 2X, It goes down in one coat with strong pigment and drys quick. Tennis and golf balls with holes drilled through them and a string in the hole to hang them. Any old wood saw horses that are headed to the trash to hang targets from. They will most likely end up with bullet holes in them. Empty plastic solid colored quart and smaller bottles, Pill bottles make great targets. String to hang targets from. Bottle caps with a hole drilled in the to run a string through it to hung them but them this might be too small seeing how I am the youngest MWRGC member! Maybe I need to stay with the larger targets. Surprise me with anything you think will be fun to shoot and that we can sell to the RSO's for approval

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom