• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was mindlessly glancing through Gunbroker and came across a couple of Rossi Break-open single shot rifles in .243. They were new and the price was very reasonable.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. How well are they made, accuracy, etc.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    An H&R would be a much better purchase.

And a Savage would be a better purchase.
    And a 700 would be a better purchase..
    And a Browning ..............
    And a Cooper.............
    And a .........................................................................................:D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I don't know about Rossi single shot 243's, but an H&R setup (like iH8DemLibz mentioned) is a fun an accurate single shot rifle.

Just be careful. 243 is an addictive round. In the future you may find yourself getting a Savage bolt rifle in 243. And then experience the indignation that your son-in-law is a much better shooter than you with your own rifle...

:innocent0

Attachments

• H&R 243 Win (R).jpg
      H&R 243 Win (R).jpg
      29 KB · Views: 227
    • DSC01928.jpg
      DSC01928.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 131

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I was mindlessly glancing through Gunbroker and came across a couple of Rossi Break-open single shot rifles in .243. They were new and the price was very reasonable.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. How well are they made, accuracy, etc.

My youngest son just bought his first rifle/shotgun combo.
    It's a NIB Rossi .308/12 ga. It's got a 23" .308 barrel and a 28" modified choke 12 ga barrel, with synthetic stock.

"I" wouldn't have bought it, but, for "his" first purchase....... I suppose it's alright. He has to live with it.

Now, he just has to figure out a way to feed it. :lol2:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I don't know about Rossi single shot 243's, but an H&R setup (like iH8DemLibz mentioned) is a fun an accurate single shot rifle.

Just be careful. 243 is an addictive round. In the future you may find yourself getting a Savage bolt rifle in 243. And then experience the indignation that your son-in-law is a much better shooter than you with your own rifle...

:innocent0

I recognize that rifle.

And you ain't kidd'in about the 243 being accurate and addictive.

I enjoyed shooting my H&R so much I had to go out and buy a Browning A Bolt II to go with it. Once I got the H380 ignition problem fixed, DAMN!

Reload for 9 bucks a box and shoot all day. Though I do let the Browning cool down a bit after 3 shots.

And it's bad form to out shoot your FIL with his own gun.

Damn whippersnappers.

oil and hnr 003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom