• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    600 tables? Is it really that big? I always felt like it was maybe 400 or so. There are always a lot of empty tables at the back...

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    600 table do not equal 600 dealers as dealers may have multiple tables.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I like this show, but I think it has become the poster child for the decline of MD gun shows. There are indeed guns, ammo, and accessories, but there is also a seemingly ever increasing proportion of cheap knives, socks, nuts, jerky and chinesium junk.

I'm afraid I may have been an enabler at the last Timonium show. :shrug: I bought this imported knife:

no4 knife.JPG

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Would be nice to see a vendor list published.

I don't think I've ever seen that done. Honestly, some of the most interesting "vendors" are the little mom & pop set ups that are probably just doing it for fun and most likely don't have any sort of business name to be published.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    If you come out to the show swing by and say hi to me and Shafted at the MSI booth Saturday morning!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've found this show to be good if you're in the market for a rifle (modern or C&R) or parts (lower, internals, etc). Pistols seem to be at MSRP and above.

At least one IP here has stated that he doesn't do the MD gun shows because his store does a bunch of business from folks after they had gone to the shows.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Any of the newer offerings from Ruger, or haven't they actually hit the street yet? Ruger PC9, RAR that takes AR mags, RAR that takes x39 Mini 30 mags, that sort of stuff.

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    I don't think I've ever seen that done. Honestly, some of the most interesting "vendors" are the little mom & pop set ups that are probably just doing it for fun and most likely don't have any sort of business name to be published.

Understand. Some shows (non-firearm related) publish a map of the venue with the vendors marked. What comes to mind is the home show at the OC convention center, as an example.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And be sure to stop by the MSI booth this afternoon , where I will be , along with Don't Tread on Me . He's a great guy, just doesn't post often on MDS .

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Went for the first two hours. A lot of vacant real estate. Some C&R, okay to ludicrous pricing. Almost bought a VZ-24 until I saw the scrubbed crest. Decent selection of modern sporting rifles and new Ruger, Kel-Tec, etc. I bought some 9x18 Makarov ammo and a can of Malaysian 7.62 NATO. Not too bad but there could have been more dealers as in the past.

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I went today. I was a bit disappointed that there were so few older military rifles. Plenty of handguns (I'm not familiar with their pricing), a plethora (really a lot) of ARs, parts & accessories. Hi Points seemed high. Not as much ammo as sometimes in the past, but some at pretty good prices. From experience with the shows, including train shows, I doubted 600 tables could fit in that building. So, I counted tables with guns, gun related items & knives. Being liberal with what was gun related (including collectables, scopes, parts, carry bags, etc.), I counted 260 tables & table equivalents. My son said he counted 84 tables with decidedly non-gun stuff like jewelry, knick-knacks, lotions, potions, donations, junk & nuts. Still, as there were more guns & shooting stuff than other stuff, and one never knows what one might find, I'll go to the next one.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Not to be a downer but 600 tables is joke. I went last year and it was woefully empty. Best moment was talking to rack and dc-w at the msi table.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Knight41

Feb 16, 2016
    I may be wrong, so don't quote me. I was there today and I did not see any safe dealers. I usually keep an eye out for them, because not many shows have them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Timonium just doesn't excite me anymore and hasn't in 5 or so years. Not with Gettysburg, York and Harrisburg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom