• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Hi everyone,

I want to put together a nice 10/22 for my girlfriend. Can I simply purchase a new or used recently manufactured 10/22 and add a bull barrel using the stock at the link below (or similar stock designed to hold a bull barrel such as the Hogue overmolded stock)? The links below are just examples. I am open to suggestions for the stock and barrel.

Example of stock:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-10-22...301?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6d67394d

Example of bull barrel:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LIGHTWE...379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4602fc009b

Bryan

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Yep all you need is a barrel and stock to fit the bigger barrel diameter . The barrel shaft that goes into the receiver may need minor fitting which is pretty simple .

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    that's what i did, bought a cheapo 10/22, tossed the factory stock and barrel, bought a bull barrel and a stock that would accommodate it. no special tools needed.

only downsides with a 10/22 is they're a PITA to clean as you have to go in thru the muzzle, though i guess you could pull a boresnake through. other than that, super fun, accurate and reliable with a ton of aftermarket accessories.

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    that's what i did, bought a cheapo 10/22, tossed the factory stock and barrel, bought a bull barrel and a stock that would accommodate it. no special tools needed.

only downsides with a 10/22 is they're a PITA to clean as you have to go in thru the muzzle, though i guess you could pull a boresnake through. other than that, super fun, accurate and reliable with a ton of aftermarket accessories.

Thanks for the info.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    only downsides with a 10/22 is they're a PITA to clean as you have to go in thru the muzzle, though i guess you could pull a boresnake through. .

You can drill a hole in line with the barrel in the rear of the receiver and run a rod through that way . When its in the stock you cant see the hole .

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    You can drill a hole in line with the barrel in the rear of the receiver and run a rod through that way . When its in the stock you cant see the hole .

:tdown:

Please tell me that you are joking... Please? Lie to me!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Wile E Coyote You Genious.
    If you are pimping it plan your ultimate setup. There is not that much price difference on most stocks. 1-$300 for a good barrel. Rail and optic options are endless.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009

ok once you drill the hole trough the back of the recever what od you do with the bolt. it would be in the way.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    i got a bull barrel free from my boss, bolted it to the cheapest 10/22 i could find, added a hogue stock and a $35 tasco from wally world and i can hold quarter sized groups at 100yds without trying hard

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Instead of buying a 10/22 and throwing 94% in the trash, what about just buying a receiver, and building it from scratch?

Hmm, I just glanced at the prices for Volquartsen receivers at Midway. Might have answered my own question.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Since I have kids and share with others I prefer an adjustable stock so I can adjust to fit various shooters. There are plenty of pimptastic stocks on the market so choose your poison. All mine needs is a barrel upgrade to be complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom