• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C

CraigF

Folks

I'm looking for some advice here. My new FN FNS-9 just arrived at my FFL. Prior to shipping I tried to get the vendor to ship the mags separately to my father's house in PA (A request that several other vendors have previously obliged).

This vendor GunProDeals.com said they do not open boxes prior to shipping and shipped the gun with the three 25 rnd mags.

My FFL said that they are no longer allowed to ship the mags to another address. I asked GunPro if they would accept a return for the mags, then ship them to PA. They said, "No."

Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You can pick up the firearm after the wait period is over, but you cannot take possession of the mags. There is a law against that. There is also a recent published understanding that you can no long purchase a firearm and have your ffl send the mags out of state to circumvent the law. If the mags are part of the sale, the mags are not legal for you to take possession. Just forget about those mags.

Club3006

Sep 3, 2017
    Thanks Jim!

Wow, I know there tends to be a LOT of cynicism and sarcasm on most any Forum, but based on most of the replies to my question, MDShooters is certainly no exception.

That said, I wanted to sincerely thank you for your thoughtful and succinct answer, Jim. Very kind of you to take the time.

BTW, I'm replying with a new account because there was a database problem with my original MDShooters acct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom