• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I truly don't see how this passes constitutional muster. Blatant age discrimination. Infringement of 2a rights afforded to past and current <21YO citizens. The bump stock part is more of the same baby steps of weak RINOs.

The problem is there basically is no federal age discrimination law, save for ADEA which only covers people 40 and over and only in matters relating to employment.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    That was for handguns.

Yes, it was. For the "quintessential self-defense weapon". The weapon that the judiciary claims is most protected.

Why anyone would think that the outcome will be better for us for weapons that aren't explicitly protected by Heller is quite beyond me ...

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Yes, it was. For the "quintessential self-defense weapon". The weapon that the judiciary claims is most protected.

Why anyone would think that the outcome will be better for us for weapons that aren't explicitly protected by Heller is quite beyond me ...

It's very easy if you delude yourself.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Speaking for yourself there ClockAndPastries?

You’ve already indicated that when it comes time to mobilize, you can be found under the stairs with a protein bar and a crossword puzzle.

You overestimate how much the average gun rights supporter cares about the details.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    FBN: Scott signed it.

I really really really want to believe there's a strategery behind this.

Like an immediate lawsuit filed against these new gun restriction laws.

With the Florida court system immediately screaming "WHAT IN SAM HILL IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, BOY". Followed by Gov. Scott getting his pee-pee slapped and the new gun restrictions being overturned.

This post of wishful thinking will be filed in my tin foil log for future retrieval.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

With the Florida court system immediately screaming "WHAT IN SAM HILL IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, BOY". Followed by Gov. Scott getting his pee-pee slapped and the new gun restrictions being overturned.

This post of wishful thinking will be filed in my tin foil log for future retrieval.

Unfortunately I think what you are going to see is a lot of conservative Floridians stay home the next presidential election and the state's critical 29 electoral votes will get handed to the dems. They may not vote for the democrat, but a lot of people aren't going to be inclined to stand in line for a Republican now either. I think the democrats realized this and just sat back and let the Republicans screw themselves.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Scott will be running against Nelson for Senate. The strategy seems to be for Scott to be a wee bit less leftist than Nelson.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Also, note that the Republicans have sat on the open carry law for years. Republicans screw around on the pro-gun bills, and they're all eager to go with the restrictions (like pass NICS upgrades without reciprocity).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Florida has a republican supermajority... but FL republicans seem more like Northeast Republicans.

Before you flame Scott though, keep in mind Trump gave cover to republicans who wanted to vote for the age restrictions.

A lawsuit seems likely. Whether we will win is a different question.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Florida has a republican supermajority... but FL republicans seem more like Northeast Republicans.

Before you flame Scott though, keep in mind Trump gave cover to republicans who wanted to vote for the age restrictions.

Not really. The Cubans are more like NE Republicans (Cubans are basically liberals who hate communism), but the rest are not.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

We already lost on the pistol purchase lawsuit. We'll lose here too.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Still gotta try.

As I recall from the opinion, what saved the handgun ban was the fact that 18-21 year olds could still buy handguns in FTF sales and also rifles and shotguns. This is way more restrictive than that.

And originally, California's "may issue" was upheld on the theory that you could still carry open and unloaded. California made that illegal too, and the next court STILL upheld may issue. The courts are not going to act in good faith on this unless forced to by the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court won't until the composition of it changes. It's that simple. Instead of filing losing lawsuits, we're better off praying for Ginsburg's death. That'll be more effective.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    And originally, California's "may issue" was upheld on the theory that you could still carry open and unloaded. California made that illegal too, and the next court STILL upheld may issue. The courts are not going to act in good faith on this unless forced to by the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court won't until the composition of it changes. It's that simple. Instead of filing losing lawsuits, we're better off praying for Ginsburg's death. That'll be more effective.

Still gotta try. Even the Tom Brady loses a Superbowl from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom