• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Currently looking into LWRC for my first AR. I have fired a family member's Rock River so I am familiar with the platform. The main question I have for those of you that own either of these models, or an LWRC in general, is how is the trigger? And how have the parts worn over time? I have seen mixed reviews about the trigger. Overall the reviews have been very positive of all other aspects except for the trigger. I have seen Geissele mentioned quite often as the go to replacement. Just curios if this is something I should look at replacing quickly.

Also, FYI the plan is for this to be used in 3-gun

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    My LWRC M6A2 is a superb shooting rifle. Absolutely reliable! The trigger, for lack of a better term, is "Mil-Spec plus." It has a different coating and a polish compared to a standard trigger. It maintains the same geometry and has only a minor reduction in pull weight.

Overall these smooth out the pull and make for a cleaner break. However, if you're going to 3-gun it the Geissele SSA or similar product is what you want.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Love all three of my lwrcs! Good triggers and accurate.

Attachments

• f41f5bb4-a2d9-4349-9582-1e384efb5797.jpg
      f41f5bb4-a2d9-4349-9582-1e384efb5797.jpg
      31.4 KB · Views: 536

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    While I love Geissele triggers and have several I personally would not use the SSA/SSA-E in 3-gun. Not saying you can't its still a great trigger and costs less, but if your plan is 3-gun you will be leaving some performance on the table if you don't pick either the S3G or SD3G Geissele triggers. I use an SSA in my SHTF/HD AR.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i have the lwrc m6a3dmr and it's been easily 100%, zero malfs including a bunch of 2 and 3 gun matches. it has a geissele 2 stage which has worked great.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    How is the recoil on your 6.8 SBR....still pretty good or a good bit more? Was thinking of getting one someday...:D

Has anyone tested the trigger pull weight on the DI rifle?

I am replacing my trigger with a geissle and will probably drop the factory LWRC trigger in my del-ton. I know its a slightly better trigger than what the delton has creep wise, but I wonder what the pull weight difference is.

Has anyone tested the trigger pull weight on the DI rifle?

I am replacing my trigger with a geissle and will probably drop the factory LWRC trigger in my del-ton. I know its a slightly better trigger than what the delton has creep wise, but I wonder what the pull weight difference is.

it's in the 6lb area. Honestly, I was not a huge fan of the factory trigger in the LWRC. I've long since replaced it.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    it's in the 6lb area. Honestly, I was not a huge fan of the factory trigger in the LWRC. I've long since replaced it.

ok, yeah, I mean it isn't a wonderful trigger by any means but it is a step up from what my del-ton has from the factory.

I cant afford 2 Geissles at this point so its transplant material for the time being.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The LWRC trigger may have an edge against any lower priced AR builder. It's gonna be a better combat trigger. Like an ALG ACT. You'd be wise to try some and be honest with what you really need. I have a SSA-E in a Noveske DMR type rifle. That fits the purpose. In my Engage build a put the old ALG ACT. If you want good trigger or great one, you'll spend money for the latter.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    The LWRC trigger may have an edge against any lower priced AR builder. It's gonna be a better combat trigger. Like an ALG ACT. You'd be wise to try some and be honest with what you really need. I have a SSA-E in a Noveske DMR type rifle. That fits the purpose. In my Engage build a put the old ALG ACT. If you want good trigger or great one, you'll spend money for the latter.

I agree, that's why I'll be spending the money for an ssa trigger for my LWRC.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    LWRC’s are top of the line. Supposedly their barrels last 20k rounds, whereas “typical” AR barrels last 10k. I have the Enhanced and love it. I have other high-end ARs, but I find myself gravitating to the LWRC most of the time. I hate cleaning DI guns. YMMV. BTW, Rock River is akin to Toyota Camry and the LWRC is an S-class Mercedes (only reliable).

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    In case you didn’t know, LWRC parts are proprietary. If I were you, I’d spend the money on extra parts. That’s the only negative about LWRC. DI guns have interchangeable parts. Since I have a REPR too, I worry about spare parts if LWRC ever closes shop for any reason.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I have the IC-DI carbine. It has the single stage trigger group which is about a 5 pound pull weight (estimated, not measured). It is smooth with a slight roll to it. I find it useful and practical. It is not as nice as the full JP group I have in my Colt but I feel no need to change or spring it at this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom