• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    it was weird seeing 99 users online, and only 25 members. Who would go through all of the effort to get on through the IP, but not be a member here?

Depending on the user's browser & settings, users may not have been automatically logged in when accessing the site through the IP address instead of the name, so they'd be counted among the non-members while not logged in.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    When the DNS breaks, just use the IP address 199.91.126.234

To login or to search for new threads, just swap the mdshooters.com url with the IP address.

For example:
    199.91.126.234/forum.php?
    199.91.126.234/search.php?do=getnew

89GLH

Jan 26, 2012
    This happened on one of my newsgroups, something started using IPv6 addresses and somehow IPv4 addresses were denied, using the IPv4 still works it just wouldn't resolve through DNS.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    it was weird seeing 99 users online, and only 25 members. Who would go through all of the effort to get on through the IP, but not be a member here?

Some of us don't sign in from work computers...at least not until we have to do so in order to use a feature. Also, signon/passwords weren't automatically filled in either

Edit: Oops! Didn't see LSWs post before replying

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    So has the Boss informed the group as to what the problem was? Maybe something "we" could help with?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So has the Boss informed the group as to what the problem was? Maybe something "we" could help with?

Here's what happened….we exceeded our traffic allotment by 250% and the hosting service cut us off, causing another needed upgrade to our service.

We're processing 2.5 million queries a month at this point and it's driven our costs up a lot. I underestimated how much traffic we're getting because I don't pay the bills.

It's time for everyone to step up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/announcement.php?f=21

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I will chip in, but I would love to see something like they do over on homebrewtalk.com

Most of the forum is available for everyone, def everything related to beer. Even the general chat is available to all.

If you want, you can become a Premium Member for like $25 a year. This gets you access to a politics forum, a larger avater, custom title and no advertisements.

Then there is Lifetime Member. You get all that stuff but you pay $100 I think and you are golden for life.

Throw in a bonus sticker for each of the above and people will seriously gobble that up and the bills would start paying themselves.

They also had a "Brew Babes" forum for members only :innocent0:

I also don't think anyone would take serious offense to seeing a gun related advertisement here or there, especially if they were from IPs. I know I wouldn't..

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sent a 20 spot your way.....don't thank me thank the JA9 I recovered that's made me 11 in OT in two days :)

Also thanks staff sorry we went nuts on you guys!!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Here's what happened….we exceeded our traffic allotment by 250% and the hosting service cut us off, causing another needed upgrade to our service.

We're processing 2.5 million queries a month at this point and it's driven our costs up a lot. I underestimated how much traffic we're getting because I don't pay the bills.

It's time for everyone to step up:

http://www.mdshooters.com/announcement.php?f=21

How does that rank against the other big boys, like The High Road, or Arfcom?

Just wondering were MDS stands in the ratings based on volume.

ETA: Since my donation will be delayed I'll fork over 25% of the heater I'm getting ready to post in the classifieds.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How does that rank against the other big boys, like The High Road, or Arfcom?

Just wondering were MDS stands in the ratings based on volume.

ETA: Since my donation will be delayed I'll fork over 25% of the heater I'm getting ready to post in the classifieds.

Nowhere near arfcom…..mot even on the same plane of existence.

In a post-theft HighRoad where half the membership left, we might be somewhat close, but I don't go there anymore.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Nowhere near arfcom…..mot even on the same plane of existence.

In a post-theft HighRoad where half the membership left, we might be somewhat close, but I don't go there anymore.

Interesting thanks. I haven't been on THR in a while either. I didn't know their ranks dwindled

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    To help avoid annoying banner ads, I'll pay up. Did the last time and will again answer the call. Money more well spent than to Wikipedia
    DONE

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom