• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    $1350 OTD is without the discount, so $1380 would be the most expensive.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    So you consider saving nothing the same as saving over $100 dollars?

Have your gun in hand quick? You still have to wait 7 days either way...

If it came from PA add one day for overnight shipping required.

If your that hard up for a gun and that one day matters to you then maybe you shouldn't own guns.

Last edited:

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    I know!! I'm getting a Blackwater as soon as midcountygunshop can get his hands on one for me.

It looks like the prices for the "sale" are pretty decent, but their regular prices seem way high. Midcounty has regular prices that are close - if not better - than their sale prices.

+1 for supporting mdshooters.com vendors. I want a 226 Blackwater BADLY - but I'll wait until midcounty hooks it up for me.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I like the guys at engage, bought a EAA Witness 10mm off them a year ago but them lowest price? I doubt it but I may want to check-it out. I am really only interested in a 2 step at the moment.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    So you consider saving nothing the same as saving over $100 dollars?

$1350.00 out the door shiped plus transfer where is the $100.00 that im saving? Tax? I have no problem paying md sales tax so it's all the same to me...

My wife just bought a Sig P226 Blackwater from a dealer just over the PA line. For starters their asking price was $1025. for the gun. The best price we got in Maryland at the time was $1280, and the worst price from a MD dealer for the same gun was $1480.

We did not have to pay tax, they did charge a $25 fee for shipping it to a MD dealer. The MD dealer we had it sent to only charges $40 for the paperwork and that includes the MSP fee.

So the gun bought from this PA dealer cost us $1065.00 total.

If we bought the same gun from the MD dealer who gave us the best deal at the time, it would cost us $1356.80 after all said and done.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    If you do your homework you can beat that price almost all the time, even after fees and shipping costs.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Merlin, thats exactly what I am saying. People actually think they are having a sale, when its really them just not ripping you off as bad as they do normally, but still ripping you off.

Of course online stores are going to have cheaper prices, but that is because they started out selling guns at amazing prices which brought them lots of business, and over time they buy a lot of quantity (because they have the customer base that allows them to) which makes the prices of guns they sell even cheaper. Then you get the typical person on here who likes getting ripped off saying, "Oh they are brick and mortar stores and have actual storefronts, they have taxes to pay, and are in an expensive real estate area, thats why they have such high prices."

Well shit, sell stuff cheaper, gain a strong customer base, order more products at each time to get cheaper prices, and treat your customers right, don't rip them off just so you can support your own C3 collections and pay rent in one of the dumbest places to put a gun store in Maryland (Montgomery County). I am sure many people would love to not be ripped off and would drive up to Howard/Frederick County to save $300 or more over your current prices. Lower your prices, move more product, keep moving product, and make up the difference in price with the quantity of better priced items you sell.

Went in there the other day, basic black 20 round PMAGs for $24? They have got to be insane. They are going to lose all of their business to better priced stores, Virginia stores, and online stores, when people actually use their brain and figure out they are being ripped off beyond belief in Montgomery County.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Merlin, thats exactly what I am saying. People actually think they are having a sale, when its really them just not ripping you off as bad as they do normally, but still ripping you off.

Of course online stores are going to have cheaper prices, but that is because they started out selling guns at amazing prices which brought them lots of business, and over time they buy a lot of quantity (because they have the customer base that allows them to) which makes the prices of guns they sell even cheaper. Then you get the typical person on here who likes getting ripped off saying, "Oh they are brick and mortar stores and have actual storefronts, they have taxes to pay, and are in an expensive real estate area, thats why they have such high prices."

Well shit, sell stuff cheaper, gain a strong customer base, order more products at each time to get cheaper prices, and treat your customers right, don't rip them off just so you can support your own C3 collections and pay rent in one of the dumbest places to put a gun store in Maryland (Montgomery County). I am sure many people would love to not be ripped off and would drive up to Howard/Frederick County to save $300 or more over your current prices. Lower your prices, move more product, keep moving product, and make up the difference in price with the quantity of better priced items you sell.

Went in there the other day, basic black 20 round PMAGs for $24? They have got to be insane. They are going to lose all of their business to better priced stores, Virginia stores, and online stores, when people actually use their brain and figure out they are being ripped off beyond belief in Montgomery County.

Hi SciereVeritas,

Over the years there has been allot of gun shops open and then closed after a few years. This can happen for allot of reasons, but all to often it's because the management does not know how to manage.

For starters for some reason in the gun world their is some kind of "tough guy image" the people who own or wprk at gun stores portray to their customers. Often they are not what I would call as very customer friendly. When you add that into also having high prices, 8 out of ten people will not be back.

One reason stores like this do last longer then you think they should is, and also for some reason in the gun world, many customers do not shop around to see what deals are out there. Many who are in the market for a new gun will buy from the first place they shop and will not look anywhere else for the same gun.

I'm not sure why this happens. I think it happens because even though they like guns and want to by guns, they are nervious about buying their first or only gun. Mucg like a young man buying condoms. He wants them, he needs them, but after he gets the courage to buy them he will buy them from the first place he find them and will not take any time to shop around for his best deal. He is just happy to get his hands on them.

I think the gun shops with the high prices depend on this kind of customers. Because lets face it, if all the customers new what is a good price like some of us do, they would never buy at many of the area dealers. They the dealers with the outrages prices would be no more.

But this is not the case and the high priced places will still be around praying on the dummies who don't know any better.

If some of the dealers would do their biz a little different I would look at them different. I discovered that many of the dealers who do not move a given brand of gun...Lets say SIG's. each year they will not get the Sig's they do buy at a very good deal when they buy them. So this makes it very hard for them to make a profit at all.

So when I was shopping for a given Sig over the last 2 months I called many dealers to see what was what as far as price between them. Well I got prices all over the place that were as much as $400 difference from the highest to the lowest for the same gun.

But when I called the dealers who had the highest price, I asked them are they sure we were talking about the same gun. after all, they were $300 higher they the next price down that I thought was to much.

But instead of explaining to me the deal about how they do not get a good price on the Sig's because they don't sell many of them, They decided it would be better to be very rude to me when I questioned them about it.

You know, they are all tough guys, and I guess thats how tough guys deal with their customers.

God forbid they would act like customer friendly salesmen and try to get me into their store to look at the guns they do sell. But after telling me in a very rude tone their price (that happened to be $180 OVER MSRP) was just the price they sold my Sig at, I decided I would never step foot into their store again.

But they are in biz and they just expended their store. So there must be plenty of dummies out their who like to deal with these guys.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    It all comes down to "buyer be where".

That's true with anything. But it is more true with guns then anything. There are dealers out there that will treat you right and have fair prices, but unfortunate there are way to many dealers out there who hope you the dumbest thing on two legs.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Agree with you in entirety. I guess we can only hope our fellow gun enthusiasts who insist on getting ripped off learn a lesson eventually...

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah I was in there last week and they said they had over 60 suppressors waiting for paperwork to get back....Hopefully you paid the new reduced price for the TiRant, they lowered the price by $250-$300 recently. But there was talk of people getting reimbursed the difference if they bought it before the price cut.

SciereVeritas

Jan 27, 2010
    Oh wow, yeah basically saved $600. I mean if I paid the higher price I wouldn't have expected a credit, so thumbs up to AAC/Engage for that. That kind of stuff happens all the time and companies rarely credit you unless you bought it a couple of days before the price change. I know I wouldn't have cared too much had I bought the TiRant more than two weeks before they lowered the price. But again, thumbs up and hats off to them.

You will be really happy with the 556, I have one of them and it is an awesome firearm.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how Maryland dealers were required to charge sale tax for new firearms transferred in?

Yes there was and that's why I called a hand full of dealers after reading that. I was told by the dealers I called that they had never heard of anything like that and they would not collect tax on a out of state gun if MD wanted them to. The MSP have nothing to do with MD Biz tax. The guns shipped from out of state can just be listed as "Paid In Full".

The MD dealer you have it shipped to will not even know how much you paid for the gun unless you tell them because they do not need this info to do a transfer.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Yes there was and that's why I called a hand full of dealers after reading that. I was told by the dealers I called that they had never heard of anything like that and they would not collect tax on a out of state gun if MD wanted them to. The MSP have nothing to do with MD Biz tax. The guns shipped from out of state can just be listed as "Paid In Full".

The MD dealer you have it shipped to will not even know how much you paid for the gun unless you tell them because they do not need this info to do a transfer.

Thanks for the info.
    Our club gave away a couple of rifles during a Christmas party and the dealer handling the transfer required the winners to pay sales tax even though the club paid tax when purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom