• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It's my perception that she is much worse than he in regards to 2A matters. I might be wrong, but her favorite battle cry is going after the NRA and assualt and pepper shakers.

Is he really worse than she?

She is also a dim bulb who says really dumb things and is likely to push for unpassable legislation which means easier to counter. She also would lack any seniority which means a lot in the Senate. The entrenched politicians have more clout which is why we need to recycle them frequently.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    She is also a dim bulb who says really dumb things and is likely to push for unpassable legislation which means easier to counter. She also would lack any seniority which means a lot in the Senate. The entrenched politicians have more clout which is why we need to recycle them frequently.

Ding, ding! Another winner!

So to tally it up, she's:
    Asleep at the wheel
    Little voting record, poor attendance
    Has no "establishment"
    Easier to counter
    Easier for anyone with an 'R' after their name to beat
    Is vocal, but ineffective
    Is running against CVH

What's not to like? :)

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

Asleep at the wheel
    Has no "establishment"
    Easier to counter
    Is running against CVH

When the political survey guy from Chris Van Hollen called and told me all this. Then asked me how likely I was to vote for Edwards my answer was the same, highly likely.

I wonder if they are smart enough to know what we are doing.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good stuff BB! :thumbsup:

When the political survey guy from Chris Van Hollen called and told me all this. Then asked me how likely I was to vote for Edwards my answer was the same, highly likely.

I wonder if they are smart enough to know what we are doing.

I know for a fact that some Republicans are very aware of our strategy, I'm personally telling them. The latest one is Mark Plaster: newest member of MDShooters, his handle is TheDoc:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4317095#post4317095

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This may help sway votes ...

Asleep at the wheel
    Has no "establishment"
    Easier to counter
    Is running against CVH

All DINOs, please post to Facebook, Twitter, or email your fellow 'Democrats' ... :innocent0

Edwards vs Van Hollen on Gun Control

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yeah, but if she wins in the Primary she'll get the AA vote and could win overall. If VH wins and goes against Selzga (sp) the black community may not even show up.

She may be worse than VH on 2A if that's possible.

Don't forget that even if she wins she's a Junior Junior Senator, so her status is "sammich getter" in the Senate food chain. That's below some of the Interns.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I know we are currently talking a lot about the 2016 election, after the election, we will get back to the most important thing - the 2018 election.

Here is a really fascinating debate between Donna Edwards and CVH, he essentially calls her a liar over and over:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I sickens me how the white men, Frosh, Van Hollen, are ganging up on this poor woman of color.

Why don't we hear from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Oprah on this!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Edwards is desperate.

She aired a commercial tonight which, if you just changed the faces and names, could have been a van Hollowhead ad.

Someone needs to help her out!!

Not sure this is 'bad' yet. She may be just playing to the center of the 'progressives'; then again she may is aqueousing and asking for scraps from CVH?

Either way, all the more reason for us 'dino power' to support her in the Primary!

Sink her in the general election.

Tick.

Tick.

;..

Tick.

... . . . ..

Boom!

original 1M02bAWDFkI

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    315px-International_Morse_Code.svg.png

Eat vegetables,

Boom!

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Thanks Minuteman. Trone is all over my area in southern Carroll County. I've seen some Matthews too. Not a peep from Raskin. Any other thoughts on the DINO vote here?

Ultimately, I think Dan Cox is the primary vote. He rates an A+ from MSI (he was the only one from this district that returned the survey). And was endorsed by Andy Harris.

STIMD

Feb 25, 2013
    Mount Airy
    I'm going to throw out a suggestion for District 8 for Congress.

David M. Anderson.

This is only based on who I think would benefit from some additional support from us (so no wasted votes on lost causes). Please review the quoted post from before.

Why are so many interested in District 8? Literally 18 candidates!

Since it's my district and the primary is later this month (I know 2018 is the important one), I'd like to outline some of the democratic candidates. But what criteria is best to consider?

David M. Anderson - No 2A comments on website
    Kumar P. Barve - No 2A comments
    Dan Bolling - No comments; no website; last minute entry
    Ana Sol Gutierrez - No comments
    William Jawando - Anti 2a
    Kathleen Matthews - Wife of celebrity, Anti 2A
    Jamie Raskin - Anti 2A
    Joel Rubin - Anti 2A
    David Trone - Anti 2A

Dan Bolling seems to have the worst campaign at this time. All I see is a Linked in page, and he apparently submitted the application on the last possible day. I'm not sure if our support can help this guy.

The rest all have nice websites and Jawando, Matthews, Raskin, Rubin, Trone are all clearly anti-2A.

Anderson, Barve, Bolling, Gutierrez do not comment.

This Washington Post article suggests that Matthews, Raskin and Trone are the front runners.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a1fb26-cb8f-11e5-ae11-57b6aeab993f_story.html

The republican opposition is available for your review at http://www.politics1.com/md.htm
    Upon my review it seems only attorney Dan Cox is the only openly pro-second amendment candidate. Base on that, he's got my vote in November.

So, ultimately the question is, "Who can we put in the general election, in front of Matthews, Raskin, and Trone, to be overcome by Cox in November?"

I really look forward to your comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom