• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I received my voucher for $22.50 as well but it was not clear to me from reading the letter whether one could only use it to purchase another EOTech product or if it could be used to buy a holographic sight from any other manufacturer. Has anyone looked into this? Thanks guys.

Cal68

It's only good on https://www.eotechgear.com/

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I just called, my 553 that was listed on their site as being part of the settlement, was rejected from the settlement. I bought it on the secondary market as milsurp. The agent said they rejected the milsurp sights. They have no idea when they will be mailing them back to the owners. I am TO about this.

I called again this morning and was told again they do not know when they will send our sights back top us. I suggest we call daily and harass the crap out of them.

FRANKCASTLE

Apr 28, 2013
    ARE there serial numbers being recalled? I could not for the life of me get my rd dot sighted in sooooo maybe this is why

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I just called, my 553 that was listed on their site as being part of the settlement, was rejected from the settlement. I bought it on the secondary market as milsurp. The agent said they rejected the milsurp sights. They have no idea when they will be mailing them back to the owners. I am TO about this.

Called again today to pester them. They said they will be in the mail before the end of the month (next two weeks).

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013

Called Friday. Was told my site was not sent back and now Eotech may want to confiscate it for being Government issued.

Let's pause for a moment to let the irony sink in of Eotech being concerned that the government may have been ripped off.

I called ******** and wrote them a letter explaining that I was a good faith buyer in the ordinary course and purchased from a seller who deals in goods of that sort and was unaware of any potential claim by the the government or any other party.

I told the claims administrator that I will consider my site stolen by them if not returned or paid for.

We'll see what they do.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    I think its crap that Eotech expects the customer to know what items are OK government surplus and which ones aren't. I have bought tons of surplus stuff over the years and never had an issue. You look online and see everything from vehicles to clothes to generators to radios and so on. How the &*^% am I to know that a HSW was a no-go if being sold by dealer as milsurp?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Called Friday. Was told my site was not sent back and now Eotech may want to confiscate it for being Government issued.

Let's pause for a moment to let the irony sink in of Eotech being concerned that the government may have been ripped off.

I called ******** and wrote them a letter explaining that I was a good faith buyer in the ordinary course and purchased from a seller who deals in goods of that sort and was unaware of any potential claim by the the government or any other party.

I told the claims administrator that I will consider my site stolen by them if not returned or paid for.

We'll see what they do.
    I just called also and got a similar response. I'm really pissed off now. They are supposed to have an administrator call me back in the next 48 hrs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did you guys send in the lawguns SU-231? Because that one was pretty well known to be improperly disposed military gear. The US military _never_ surpluses modern optics. They're destroyed when they go out of service. Huge waste of money, but that's how it is.

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    The US military _never_ surpluses modern optics. They're destroyed when they go out of service. Huge waste of money, but that's how it is.

I'm not sure how one is expected to know that before buying when one can buy all other manner of mil surplus items.

The claims administrator specifically said to send the site in - I called beforehand.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Did you guys send in the lawguns SU-231? Because that one was pretty well known to be improperly disposed military gear. The US military _never_ surpluses modern optics. They're destroyed when they go out of service. Huge waste of money, but that's how it is.

No, mine was a 553.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Update. After tons of calls that seemed to be to no avail, my sight showed up today via Fedex. So I may not have received a refund, but I finally have my sight back after about 3 months of calling.

It did come with a nice Eotech case with custom cut foam, so there is that.

Last edited:

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Update. After tons of calls that seemed to be to no avail, my sight showed up today via Fedex. So I may not have received a refund, but I finally have my sight back after about 3 months of calling.

It did come with a nice Eotech case with custom cut foam, so there is that.

Beats a poke in the eye and a kick in the nuts.

Ports

Aug 11, 2014
    This is why I won’t buy mil-surp. A guy I know tried to sell me mil-surp optics from Aberdeen two and half years ago and I ran as fast as I could in the other direction.

He had thermal optics, NVGs, an Abrams Tank Commander’s laser ranging bino’s that were as far as you can get from civi legal and a host of other goodies. When I left his house I was surprised to not see black suburbans sans plates waiting for me/him.

And the sad part is, I don’t think he had a clue of the legal issues he was creating for himself or others. He frankly should be in jail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slybarman

Feb 10, 2013
    Received mine back today in an Eotech plastic case.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    just took off the hood of my new Eotech EXPS2 and the NV button was hidden under it :shocked3: guess it was too much of a hassle to be removed.

its not functional unfortunately

Attachments

• IMG_4294.jpg
      IMG_4294.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 136

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD
    How can I ensure that whatever I buy on the market used/new is not subject to the issue that led to this lawsuit. I see some great deals on used equipment but the deadline for the lawsuit has ended.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    How can I ensure that whatever I buy on the market used/new is not subject to the issue that led to this lawsuit. I see some great deals on used equipment but the deadline for the lawsuit has ended.
    If you buy it new, it should have the new EOtech logo on it. They rebranded after they supposedly fixed their issues. The new logo is a stylized E that sort of looks like a flag to me.

I bought two of the 512s this summer when they were on sale. With the $75 per optic rebate, I think I paid $270ish - $290ish each. Unfortunately with my astigmatism, normal red dots look like garbage. So prismatic or holographic sights for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom