• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kramer

Rights Abused
    Jan 26, 2016
    Baltimore
    I purchased a CZ-75 SP 01 Tac but it did not come with a magazine because CZ does not make a <= 10 round mag (or so I was told). So I need to travel to buy a magazine for it.

Does anyone know of a shop in Pennsylvania just over the border on I83N that might sell a magazine that would work with the CZ-75?

-Thanks, Kramer

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Huh, the shop I bought it from did not have any mags for it. Said the mag that normally shipped with the gun was > 10 rounds.
    -Kramer

shame they wouldn't just plug it to 10rds for you like other shops.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    CZ makes 10rd guns. But that's probably what they could get, shame they wouldn't plug it.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Gun bunker had a couple last time I was there. I have heard they will order any mags we want. But I have not done this. They do not have a website. They're in Shrewsbury.

Freedom armory supposedly offers the same service. They had a couple of CZ 75 mags. No compact though.:envy:

http://www.freedomarmory.com/

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    A decent LGS will modify standard capacity mags to comply with our crazy MD laws. For sure some of our IPs will. Something to think about next time you're in the market for something with >10 round standard capacity magazine.

As a matter of fact, when I bought my CZ75 it came with the factory mags piugged to 10 rounds by my lgs.

I think it's unlikely that CZ would remove the mags before shipping a NIB firearm to a gun shop. Maybe you could ask your dealer if it came with mags and if so what he did with them. Wouldn't it be ironic if you went to Pa. to pay a second time for used magazines that came with your own gun?

Kramer

Rights Abused
    Jan 26, 2016
    Baltimore
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. None of the places in Pennsylvania had any in stock, though some thought they could order them. I finally found a relative out of state who could receive them so I could order them online (from Brownells) and come pick them up. Quite the hassle, but what are you going to do? Got the Mec-Gar 17 rd mags.
    -Kramer

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    That is pretty messed up. The CZ-USA webstore has 10rd mags in stock. The dealer could have made sure to order some or plug large ones like others said.

Kramer

Rights Abused
    Jan 26, 2016
    Baltimore
    That is pretty messed up. The CZ-USA webstore has 10rd mags in stock. The dealer could have made sure to order some or plug large ones like others said.

I will ask them about this. I am new to this, so thought that there was no way they could give me the mag that came with it. Given the feedback here I will see what they say when asked what happened to the mag that came with the gun.

I saw a CZ branded 10-rd mag in a MD gun store today that was $37 (I think). Ouch, that is serious price gouging.
    -Kramer

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. None of the places in Pennsylvania had any in stock, though some thought they could order them. I finally found a relative out of state who could receive them so I could order them online (from Brownells) and come pick them up. Quite the hassle, but what are you going to do? Got the Mec-Gar 17 rd mags.
    -Kramer

I had to do the same thing for mags for my SIG MPX. Ridiculous. Pay to have them shipped, then pay to drive to where they were shipped to pick them up. So glad that FSA 2013 is keeping us safe. :mad54:

Kramer

Rights Abused
    Jan 26, 2016
    Baltimore
    United Made Good

A bunch of you mentioned that you were surprised that United did not provide a blocked magazine with the CZ-75. I finally got my HQL and went down and filled out the paperwork. I mentioned to them that a bunch of folks on mdshooters said many shops would have provided magazines. The guy said he was glad I mentioned it because they had complained to CZ and they had just got in a shipment of some 10 round magazines. He took two of them and is including them with the CZ-75. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to ask about this. So I am happy to report that they have made good on this for me and I am very pleased. Picking it up next Wednesday. Can't wait!
    -Kramer

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    A bunch of you mentioned that you were surprised that United did not provide a blocked magazine with the CZ-75. I finally got my HQL and went down and filled out the paperwork. I mentioned to them that a bunch of folks on mdshooters said many shops would have provided magazines. The guy said he was glad I mentioned it because they had complained to CZ and they had just got in a shipment of some 10 round magazines. He took two of them and is including them with the CZ-75. Thanks to everyone for encouraging me to ask about this. So I am happy to report that they have made good on this for me and I am very pleased. Picking it up next Wednesday. Can't wait!
    -Kramer

Glad to hear that they took good care of you. And congratulations on your HQL!

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom